The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk XVI "French 1945"

I have not built an Eduard in a while if ever and have to say this is a saaweeeet Kit! The fit is just about perfect filler was a minimum on one wing root only.The kit supplied the PE to build up the pit though being a Spit not alot to see but I did use for the first time the SG with the light worked great for the bezels.I have been back with my MM enamels of late having found that MR.Color Leveling thinner for lacquers works Frigg'in excellente allowing me to thin to a 60/70 ratio of thinner and get a good application and is reviving some of the ole paints.The camo was all applied @17psi with the draw back on the trigger set to very light spray.The camo was drawn out with a pencil one at a time hitting the pencil line 2X and filling in the area it took me about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to paint the whole plane,the airbrush never stops moving in various patterns.I started the build last Monday after shelving it for sometime lack of interest but I think it's time to clean up those off the SOD.;)

Tempest 001.JPG

Spitfire MkXVI 002.JPG

Spitfire MkXVI 003.JPG

Spitfire MkXVI 004.JPG

• Like 4

• KevinM changed the title to Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk XVI "French 1945"

Kev

Great choice of Eduard RAY kits - I am quite found of their kits, as they are exceptional builds and look so good when completed. 

MM enamels, wish I could find a good supplier, as they use to be my number one paint - still is when I have a bottle to use.

• Like 1

The XVI looks fantastic, Kevin, nice work with the camo and decaling. I have to of these in my stash, my only Spitfires. One will be in NMF, one in camo and I have all the Brassin stuff for one.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DocRob said:

The XVI looks fantastic, Kevin, nice work with the camo and decaling. I have to of these in my stash, my only Spitfires. One will be in NMF, one in camo and I have all the Brassin stuff for one.

Cheers Rob

Tehy build up real Nice Rob almost flawless.;)

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Awesome progress and looking so good.

Thanks Peter might finish her today then what next?:hsmack:

• Like 2