The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Rye Field Sherman M4A3E8 build

I was working on this build in 2021 but set it aside. It's been sitting next to my work area ever since waiting for me to get back to it. I decided today to do so and go on and finish it up. It's very far along now and mostly just needs the external stuff like pick, shovels, water cans, the .50 on the turret, etc. plus some weathering. A nice break from the usual. :)

12-9-21 001.jpg

8-10-23 001.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JohnB said:

I was working on this build in 2021 but set it aside. It's been sitting next to my work area ever since waiting for me to get back to it. I decided today to do so and go on and finish it up. It's very far along now and mostly just needs the external stuff like pick, shovels, water cans, the .50 on the turret, etc. plus some weathering. A nice break from the usual. :)

Are you going to throw some weathering at it ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Are you going to throw some weathering at it ?

Yes Phil but not a lot. I've already done some weathering by spraying the treads, etc with "dust". Look a little closer and maybe you'll be able to tell. :)

• Like 1

John

Nice to see you working on a piece of armor again and the Sherman looks fantastic - she has your magic touch for sure.

I'm right in your camp when it comes to weathering and looking forward to you 'driving' the Sherman across the line after she is finished.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice to see you working on a piece of armor again and the Sherman looks fantastic - she has your magic touch for sure.

I'm right in your camp when it comes to weathering and looking forward to you 'driving' the Sherman across the line after she is finished.

Thank you Peter. I expect to have it finished pretty soon. Still have to get the little fiddly bits done, etc. :)

• Like 1