Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Eduard Wilder Cat FM-2

JohnB

I've been tinkering with this one off and on for three or four weeks. My old eyes have a difficult time with those smaller parts but I still plan to keep on it from time to time until I get it finished. I've always liked the FM-2's and feel that a good kit was long overdue. (Would be nice to have one in 1/32.) :) This is the one I plan to do.

Wilder Cat.jpg

9-4-23 B 001.jpg

9-4-23 B 002.jpg

FM-2-1.jpg

• Like 4

I've been working on the framework that holds the oil tank and other items. VERY fiddly and has a fairly high cuss-factor (at least for me.) CA cement and Zip Kicker helps keep things where they are supposed to be. But it's going to need some cleanup. 🤪

9-12-23 C 001.jpg

• Like 6

John

Glad to see you tackling working in 48th scale every now and then, as Eduard makes some mighty awesome kits and the FM-2 is surely one of them. Just take your time and you will slowly start to get comfortable with the smaller scale. Agreed, it's a nice fill in, between 32nd scale builds. 

Front office looks so good and the start of the firewall assembly is coming along nicely as well. 

I've been making nice progress on the Airfix Sea Fury (update this weekend (🤞). Absolutely the opposite of your Eduard Wildcat in every respect.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Glad to see you tackling working in 48th scale every now and then, as Eduard makes some mighty awesome kits and the FM-2 is surely one of them. Just take your time and you will slowly start to get comfortable with the smaller scale. Agreed, it's a nice fill in, between 32nd scale builds. 

Front office looks so good and the start of the firewall assembly is coming along nicely as well. 

I've been making nice progress on the Airfix Sea Fury (update this weekend (🤞). Absolutely the opposite of your Eduard Wildcat in every respect.

The smaller scale takes a lot of getting used to but I don't plan to make it my "main" scale although that was the case some years back. I look forward to your Sea Fury update. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Just takes some getting used to. I now tend to build in both scales and I'm still getting use to working in 48th scale, which for me has turned out to be a bit more difficult then 32nd scale. 

I'm finding 1/48 a bit more difficult too due to the smaller size of the parts. So much harder to focus on than 1/32.

• Like 2

John

Absolutely the case and I found exactly the same. When I get frustrated, tomorrow is another day. It's a lot less frustration and a smaller learning curve with Tamiya and Eduard kits, as the parts fit. The Airfix Sea Fury is a whole different ballgame and is plagued with fil and molding issues - yup, a high cuss factor for sure.:construction: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Absolutely the case and I found exactly the same. When I get frustrated, tomorrow is another day. It's a lot less frustration and a smaller learning curve with Tamiya and Eduard kits, as the parts fit. The Airfix Sea Fury is a whole different ballgame and is plagued with fil and molding issues - yup, a high cuss factor for sure.:construction: 

Sounds like a candidate for the SOD Peter! 🤪

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jep1210 said:

Jumping on board to follow along. I have one of these in the stash and if not for a bunch of stuff already started I'd be tearing in to it. Yours is looking good so far.

Thanks. This is one I will be working on off and on in between other builds. Not a "primary" build right now. 🙄

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Martinnfb said:

Really nice work John, somehow I missed out on your progress. I heard only good things about Ed's Wildcat.  Looking forward to the painting stage . 👍

Thanks Martin. Since I haven't done any work on it since Sept. 15 (until today) there really haven't been many WIP's. Now, since it's about ready for paint, I hope to post some more WIP photos. :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice progress on your Wildcat. She fills in beautifully in between stages on your large scale builds.

Thank you. Nice to have a "standby" build sometimes. :)

• Like 2