Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya F4U-1A (FG-1A) Peleliu

Here's a tip for you guys that will make the wing fit much easier. If you plan to have the wings extended this works well. If you are going to have them folded you will need to go on and attach them as shown.

Corsair wings.jpg

• Like 2

Nearly finished. I was starting to do some weathering when my compressor crapped out. So I decided to slide the wings in place (not glued yet), place the canopy and prop on and take a few photos. Bear in mind it is NOT yet finished as there is still a bit of weathering, etc to do. At any rate, here is how it stands today. (Replacement compressor ordered so when it gets here I can finish the model and place it in Completed Builds.)

11-13-23 001.jpg

11-13-23 002.jpg

11-13-23 003.jpg

11-13-23 004.jpg

11-13-23 005.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, harv said:

Fast and beautiful. Did you even let the paint dry….harv

Thanks Harv. :)It isn't quite done yet since I need to do some more weathering. That will have to wait as my compressor quit on me today. Hopefull by the weekend I can resume work. 🤪

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Just figures, it would take a compressor failure to maybe slow you down, but I know you already have a plan in gear to keep working. :construction:

BTW, your Corsair looks brilliant and the wing fit is perfect.

Thanks Peter. I think the wings will fit a little more snugly when I glue 'em. As is right now they aren't glued in place but do fit pretty well. I want to reduce that little "gap" which shouldn't be a problem. :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

I don’t know if you know about these . But maybe for your next five or so Corsair’s,  you can use them   ANYZ  3D printed Corsair cockpit frame’s

https://anyz.io/shop/product/AN080

I hadn't seen those before! Looks like they would add a lot to the model but awfully fiddly! LOL I'll see about getting a couple of sets. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 5:18 AM, Peterpools said:

Just ordered four cockpit detail sets from ANYZ for my upcoming Devastator build. When the Corsair set arrives, please do a detailed review as I'm looking to purchase two of the Corsair sets.

:construction:

Hope John doesn’t mind this in here!!

just received my ANYZ 1/32 cockpit sets. and Corsair canopy frame. Now I wish I had purchased two Corsair sets!  I highly recommend with your order to purchase the tweezers / Forceps also! IMG_0221.thumb.jpeg.657c635f595805b1ff1f53083bb4ccdb.jpegIMG_0220.thumb.jpeg.b87f3e6e716a1fddeae20bc4353f36f5.jpeg

their decals look great also!  What was a nice touch is just out of the frame. You can see that. Do not touch cardboard inserts.

• Like 4