The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Magic Factory F4U-2 build 1/48

I decided to come back to this build for a bit and try to sort out the problems I had earlier. I was able to get it together properly so now I can continue with the build. I plan to work on this and the Revell Spitfire simultaneously.

4-13-24 3.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

So, not quite Tamiya build quality. Glad you took the short break and have come back to it. 

Some times you just have to step back and do something else for a bit. Hopefully things will go a bit more smoothly now. :)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Looking mighty good and I can't believe you're already onto the color coats. :construction:

Thank you Peter. It's going a bit faster than I expected. :)

• Like 2

Nice to see you back on this one John. The engineering complexity of this kit is what I was wondering about when I saw the CAD drawings for the first time. Not a Tamiya/Martin friendly kit for sure :)

Looking good and moving fast as usually .

Cheers

Martin

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Nice to see you back on this one John. The engineering complexity of this kit is what I was wondering about when I saw the CAD drawings for the first time. Not a Tamiya/Martin friendly kit for sure :)

Looking good and moving fast as usually .

Cheers

Martin

I'm happy to be back on it Martin. I finished painting earlier and am in the process of decaling now. When all that's done I'll attach the gear and other items. I expect to have it finished in a day or two barring unforseen problems. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1