The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Magic Factory F4U-2 RFI

I'm calling this one done. A very nicely detailed kit which kind of reminds me of a scaled down Tamiya kit although there are differences. I had problems initially in getting the fuselage halves to mate properly as the interior sub assemblies seemed to want to move out of place whenever I thought I had everything sorted out. After stepping back from the build for a couple of days I was able to get all that sorted out. Painted with Tamiya Flat White, Colourcoats Intermediate Blue, and Testor's MM acrylic Dark Sea Blue (thanks to Chris for the bottle of DSB!). The national insignia decals are from my stash as are the side numbers #212. The ones supplied in the kit were a little over sized. Also, when referencing photos, it was noted the national insignias had no blue outline on the "bars" which was another reason to go to the stash for markings. The rest of the markings are kit decals. I decided against a lot of weathering for now but may go back at some point and do some of that. I hope you like the results of my efforts!:)

4-16-24 2.jpg

4-16-24 3.jpg

4-16-24 4.jpg

4-16-24 5.jpg

4-16-24.jpg

4-16-24 6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

John

Simply stellar work and so glad you overcame the fit issues at the start of the build. I have all your notes and emails so when I build my Corsairs, I'll be able to navigate the waters without any much of a cuss factor.  Paintwork and decaling are absolutely flawless. 🏆

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Simply stellar work and so glad you overcame the fit issues at the start of the build. I have all your notes and emails so when I build my Corsairs, I'll be able to navigate the waters without any much of a cuss factor.  Paintwork and decaling are absolutely flawless. 🏆

Thanks Peter. I'm glad you like it. :)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks great. Up to the same caliber of build quality as the bigger Corsairs you've done. 

I'm glad you like it Carl, thank you. :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KevinM said:

That's a Nice Scheme John like the 3/tone bottom and the moldings look good from here.:unworthy:

Thank you Kevin. I think it turned out fine. Glad you like it. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I  like it, obviously its not Tamiya kit, but despite the difficult assembly the result is more than likeable. Well done John! 👍

Cheers

Martin 

Thanks Martin. I think it looks okay. I'm glad you like the way it turned out. :)

• Like 1