The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

All done with this one. After market items are Barracuda seat and exhausts, and Eduard seat belts. The decals are from the Kagero book on Polish Spitfires. Paints used were Tamiya acrylic, Testor's enamel, and Colourcoats enamel. After getting past the terrible fit of the wings to fuselage join things went fairly smooth. I hope you guys like the finished model!

Mk IX Revell.jpg

4-21-24 2.jpg

4-21-24 3.jpg

4-21-24 4.jpg

4-21-24 5.jpg

4-21-24.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

John

Awesome work and has to be close to a record for you in how quickly the Spitfire moved through the bench to completion. Wing roots/fairings came out perfect and if you hadn't said a word, it would be impossible to know all the work it took to correct the fit issue. Cammo and finish are perfectly done. 🏆

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Awesome work and has to be close to a record for you in how quickly the Spitfire moved through the bench to completion. Wing roots/fairings came out perfect and if you hadn't said a word, it would be impossible to know all the work it took to correct the fit issue. Cammo and finish are perfectly done. 🏆

Thank you Peter. This one came close to staying on the SOD but I'm glad I could go on and get the problem sorted out. I like the way it turned out too. :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Great build, looks really tremendous in those late wate war markings.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. I am glad you like the way it turned out. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

That is a sweet looking Spit John and guess what looking at it in the collection would never know this was a Revell offering!:unworthy::unworthy:

Thank you Kevin. I'm pleased that you like it! I don't plan to buy any more Revell Spitfires due to the problems I had with this one. The wings to fuselage fit ought to be no trouble at all but it wasn't the case with this one unfortunately. I guess I'll stick with Tamiya's Spitfires in future. :)

• Like 1

I kinda look at it John it can be overcome  maybe a pain but when you compare prices was it worth $80/100? in my case sometimes I will take that route esp now that Tamyia has stopped new tooling of there 1/32 line.I do think in many regards that Revell of Germany is a couple of steps ahead of Trumpter in both tooling and price.;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KevinM said:

I kinda look at it John it can be overcome  maybe a pain but when you compare prices was it worth $80/100? in my case sometimes I will take that route esp now that Tamyia has stopped new tooling of there 1/32 line.I do think in many regards that Revell of Germany is a couple of steps ahead of Trumpter in both tooling and price.;)

I just ordered a Tamiya Spit IX from Japan. Pretty good deal @ $79.96 for the kit with free shipping. Kit to arrive the week of April 29. I agree that RoG is a step or two ahead of Trumpeter. As a example, some Trumpeter kits, such as their P-40F, are pretty poor. And some are great ala their TBM's and SBD's. As they say, it's like a box of chocolates, etc. LOL In my estimation Tamiya and Hasegawa are two of the best model companies. I just wish they would resume their 1/32 a/c lines.

• Like 3