Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Revell Me-262B up. Now down! Now up!!! LOL

This kit has been in my stash for a good while so I guess it's time to build it. I plan to do a a/c that was captured at the end of the war and test flown by a unit called "Watson's Whizzers". Good info on this in the book "American Raiders". The pilots nick named the a/c "Old Fruitcake" LOL. I'll use some Xtradecals for the markings but I don't think I'll weather the heck out of it as seen in some photos. Some weathering yes but not too much. Stay tuned.

55236_1691214255.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Great subject for your next build and some mighty unique markings as well. Looking forward to following your progress.

:popcorn:

It'll be a bit different for sure. :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice subject John. Are you using the Trumpeter kit or the newer Revell one?

I think I said "Revell" on the header Carl. :)

• Like 3

Been steadily working on this today. Fit leaves something to be desired but, if you are patient (which I am NOT), it'll finally all go together. I haven't done the radar operators seat yet as I need a set of belts. I'll scrounge around and see what I have, etc. Those are kit decals on the instrument panel. Turned out better than I expected.

5-21-24.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Just sems to come with all the Revell 1/32nd scale kits at no extra charge.:rofl:

Seems that way Peter.

• Haha 1

Fuselage halves together and cockpit tub installed. I'll leave off the gun bay stuff to have room for some nose weights.

5-23-24 2.jpg

5-23-24.jpg

• Like 7

John

Good call when things just don't go right and the kit is nothing but one frustration after another. The hobby is supposed to be enjoyable and relaxing and not just the opposite.

Tomorrow hopefully your P-40 will arrive. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice work so far John. I had fit troubles with the cockpit on mine as well. 

The instructions are pretty bad. Those black & white diagrams, to me, are very hard to "decipher" which makes placing things in their correct position difficult, not to say very irritating! I'll leave it for a while and do something that doesn't have a high cuss factor.

• Like 2

• JohnB changed the title to Revell Me-262B up. Now down!

So another Tamiya Corsair?  I bet you could build those in your sleep.  (Just a bit of brevity, I know….P-40N)
I need a low cuss factor to jump on after the Cutlass.  Just a break from all the fitting, filling, priming, filling, fitting, priming….

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

So another Tamiya Corsair?  I bet you could build those in your sleep.  (Just a bit of brevity, I know….P-40N)
I need a low cuss factor to jump on after the Cutlass.  Just a break from all the fitting, filling, priming, filling, fitting, priming….

I know what you mean Scott. Excessive fitting, filling, priming, filling, etc takes the enjoyment out of it.

Another Corsair for now but it's Magic Factory 1/48 -1A. Don't know when the P-40 will show up but probably some time next week. I plan to stick with the Corsair until I finish it then get started on the P-40N. :)

• Like 5

Had similar problems on my Revell Me262 B-1a/U-1 Nachtjäger "Red 12".  I think I actually glued the fuselage from the bottom first to try and minimize that top seam - it was brutal.  The wing root gaps were pretty pronounced, too.  Oh well, one to work on later.  Good luck with the Corsair.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Had similar problems on my Revell Me262 B-1a/U-1 Nachtjäger "Red 12".  I think I actually glued the fuselage from the bottom first to try and minimize that top seam - it was brutal.  The wing root gaps were pretty pronounced, too.  Oh well, one to work on later.  Good luck with the Corsair.

It's a shame the Revell 1/32 kits seem to all have these problems. Maybe they should put the "A" team to work. 🤪

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CANicoll said:

The only 1/32 Revell kit I think is good is the new P-51D.  That one is a pleasure to build with some AM bits.  But it has a really nice cockpit.

I've built several of those and always had trouble attaching the wings to the scoop. The big problem area was always the cutout on the bottom of the wing where part of the scoop is supposed to slip into it. I've never had one that  fit right. Lots of trimming and sanding needed.

12-22-22 002.jpg

• Like 1