Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

A question about interest….

Jeff, I'm late jumping in but to add my 5 cents worth, go for it.  Peter just posted his work on a HO scale building with Hydrocast walls which I have never seen before - his work there is very interesting and for me, awe inspiring.

BTW - 'Not good enough to be displayed here'?  Please.  Build what you like, please share what you've done so we can appreciate what you've worked on.  

And I agree with the others, this is a modeling site, not an aviation site.  Post what you build.  I'm very interested in how people build, detail, paint, weather and display their work.  I usually pick up tips along the way so please do share.

Cheers!!   :popcorn:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jeff

Absolutely please continue with your truck builds. I do follow your builds and while I post infrequently on them, the work is brilliant, as there is always lots to learn and enjoy from every build. Speaking for myself, some of my build threads receive a lot of comments and views and others, a great deal less. I just enjoy sharing the hobby with my friends and in the end, all of our work adds so positively to the mix and diversity of the forum. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Jeff

Absolutely please continue with your truck builds. I do follow your builds and while I post infrequently on them, the work is brilliant, as there is always lots to learn and enjoy from every build. Speaking for myself, some of my build threads receive a lot of comments and views and others, a great deal less. I just enjoy sharing the hobby with my friends and in the end, all of our work adds so positively to the mix and diversity of the forum. 

Thanks , Peter. Thats encouraging. I’m not at all used to ‘showing’ my stuff, probably intimidated by what I see here. As mentioned I was encouraged by Martin and Ron to get it out there so I gave it a go. My personal thing is that I want my work to be somewhat commensurate with the builds I see here, not a garbage build. I, much like you, check most if not all builds for new techniques, materials and websites everyone seems to post. I love that sharing. Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. My hope is not to bore anyone too terribly. 
Jeff

• Like 4

On 6/16/2024 at 6:32 AM, CANicoll said:

Jeff, I'm late jumping in but to add my 5 cents worth, go for it.  Peter just posted his work on a HO scale building with Hydrocast walls which I have never seen before - his work there is very interesting and for me, awe inspiring.

BTW - 'Not good enough to be displayed here'?  Please.  Build what you like, please share what you've done so we can appreciate what you've worked on.  

And I agree with the others, this is a modeling site, not an aviation site.  Post what you build.  I'm very interested in how people build, detail, paint, weather and display their work.  I usually pick up tips along the way so please do share.

Cheers!!   :popcorn:

Thanks , reading this makes sense and I am very glad of the diversity . I see lots of cool builds, just not a lot of cars and trucks. But a few cool race cars and the odd motorcycle. So I guess a piece of big iron here and there will spice up the cake so to speak. Thanks for your perspective. I like that. 

Jeff

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Jeff-

Totally late chiming in here, but love seeing your truck builds!  I'm in the middle of a Mad Max tanker truck conversion (currently on the shelf of doom actually), but seeing your builds makes me want to dig it back out.  I've also added the "Duel" tanker truck and "Big Trouble in Little China" rigs to the stash awhile ago, so there's no shortage of fellow interest.

Kai

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EmperorKai said:

Hey Jeff-

Totally late chiming in here, but love seeing your truck builds!  I'm in the middle of a Mad Max tanker truck conversion (currently on the shelf of doom actually), but seeing your builds makes me want to dig it back out.  I've also added the "Duel" tanker truck and "Big Trouble in Little China" rigs to the stash awhile ago, so there's no shortage of fellow interest.

Kai

Many thanks Kai, I really appreciate your thoughts and your kind words. I must say I have been a bit slow lately in posting updates. Life is getting in the way a bit. My aged mother in law has had an increase of her dementia thing lately and we are trying desperately to get her into long term care. An up hill battle to say the least. I hope to get back to the bench shortly and hope to add an update of the latest build. 
Jeff

• Like 5