Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

EmperorKai

Members
  • Content Count

    72
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

217 Excellent

About EmperorKai

  • Rank
    LSM Member
  • Birthday 12/26/1965

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Parker, Colorado

Recent Profile Visitors

329 profile views
  1. Thanks gents and for looking in on my build! Back home now from my travels and just now getting caught up. Cheers! Kai
  2. Peter, John- thanks much my friends. Kai
  3. Thanks friends for the kind words. I’ve been travelling with little acess to internet lately, so please excuse the blanket reply. Looking forward to returning home in the few weeks and to building some more Kai
  4. Thanks Drifter! Toys for Christmas, batteries for birthday.
  5. Fantastic parade there Gaz! Kai
  6. Gaz- thanks much and for following along with the build!
  7. Thanks Harv! Thanks a million for watching over my build Kai
  8. Very nice Mikester- these look great with the backgrounds! Kai
  9. F/O Albert Medcalf’s Spitfire Mk.I (L1016 DW-Q), 610 Squadron 610 squadron began operations over the Belgium area in early May 1940, and by the 27th were supporting the Dunkirk evacuations when they encountered an He-111. While the the bomber was dispatched, 610 squadron in turn found themselves in combat with some 40 Me-110’s. Three of the Messerschmitt’s were accounted for, however 610 lost two of their own- Sergeant William Medway and FO Albert Medcalf. By the time operation Dynamo was concluded, half of the original members of 610 squadron would killed, missing or wounded. This is the old-tool Revell kit that was originally released in 1969. To improve some of the details, a donor Hasegawa kit was raided for: cockpit carburator scoop propeller canopy and windshield landing gear doors Aftermarket used includes: Quickboost exhaust Brassin landing gear CMK/Quickboost seat True Details wheels EZ-Line for antenna wires Eagle Edition decals Scratchbuilding and corrections were needed to address many of the kits shortcomings: landing gear bays gun ports radiator and oil cooler minor interior and exterior details fit issues at cowl panels and control surfaces Build time was about 2 months. Colors are generally Vallejo (which went on very nicely) along with some Tamiya and Model Master enamel. Mig Dark wash, oils, pigments and pastels were also used during the finishing process. The work-in-progress build thread can be found here. I enjoyed the build and am pleased with the outcome. Thanks to all those that followed along and for the helpful input and encouragement. I hope you enjoy and Happy New Year! Kai
  10. A final update here. The Eagle Editions decals included the tape for the gun ports, however they looked a little bigger than images I was finding on the internet, so I used Tamiya tape instead. I ended up painting these Model Master Crimson Red. Here is a before-after pic of the Quickboost exhausts which are much better than either the Revell or Hasagawa parts. On the right, the base color, which is a home brew mix made from Tamiya colors. On the left, a simple application of pigments. Much of the effect was lost once a flat coat was applied, so I had to re-apply pigments and some pastels to restore the effect once these were glued into place. All the bits and pieces, loose ends and last minute knick-knacks have been added, and at this point, the build is now complete, making this all but my second for 2018. Hoping to improve on this in the new year Pics of the completed build can be found here. Thanks much for looking in and following along! Kai
  11. Thanks Peter! It's good to know I'm not the only one to cross that bridge sideways... I haven't tried the Tamiya panel washes yet, but have most of them. I'd love to do a quick tutorial on the Mig wash. Let me check on pics as they would help illustrate the process. Kai
×
×
  • Create New...