Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Fiat 500/600 build Topic

15 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

The engine parts are looking mighty good

:construction:

Thank you. Gearbox will be mostly covered by chassis. We will add some ruststains to exhaust. And dust to engine after varnish.

• Like 5

Nice work. These things are so tiny. 

Harry Metcalf from Evo magazine owns one and recently brought it to a shop in London that specializes in 500s. He has a couple videos posted on YouTube as he's getting an engine rebuild. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Count0 said:

I just bought another Abarth so I can use it with this conversion kit. Both arrived today. Giant (width) tires give it a go-kart stance.01.jpg

If you want you can share pictures of those conversion parts here.

• Like 5

Some mighty nice work on the tiny engine and I'm pretty much in Robs camp on painting parts on the sprue but there are times, I do paint them that way for convenience. I try to figure out where seams would be and also after cutting the parts off the fret, all the fret gate marks need to be touched up. John B is a master at it.  

• Like 3

I remove everything, clean it, fix seams etc, then attach it to a cocktail stick, or a bamboo skewer for painting. I can't remember last time I painted something on the sprue.

IMG_2057.jpeg

Edited by Count0
spelling
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, DocRob said:

The tiny engine looks good, FA, albeit, I never paint parts on a sprue, but that´s just how different tastes are.

Cheers Rob

This time i wanted to try this approach because this is joint operation with my girlfriend. She is easily confused which part goes where so this way we could keep part number with part to the very end. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Count0 said:

I remove everything, clean it, fix seams etc, then attach it to a cocktail stick, or a bamboo skewer for painting. I can't remember last time I painted something on the sprue.

IMG_2057.jpeg

That part holder looks cool👍. I should fabricate one myself 🧐. Now i am using random cardboard boxes.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, FullArmor said:

Now i am using random cardboard boxes.

My first was using 123 blocks, which is fine with a small number of parts. I made one out of Gatorboard, but it was too light, and the sticks would catch sometimes, which lifted the whole board. That was annoying and caused dropped parts. These are heavy, and sturdy. I would have to actively try to knock one over.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, FullArmor said:

She is easily confused which part goes where so this way we could keep part number with part to the very end. 

I run into that problem as well. Usually, I use a little bit of tape to make a flag on the cocktail stick with the part number. or, if it's the bigger bamboo stick, I just write the number on the stick. And then just don't paint over the number.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Count0 said:

I run into that problem as well. Usually, I use a little bit of tape to make a flag on the cocktail stick with the part number. or, if it's the bigger bamboo stick, I just write the number on the stick. And then just don't paint over the number.

good idea i have to try it myself👍

• Like 3

On 6/25/2024 at 11:52 PM, Count0 said:

I need to keep that in mind. 

• Like 3

I normally label the parts by color red or black) and also the number of dots on masking tape I hide on the part and also the corresponding parts in the instructions. Surely has kept me out of trouble a good number of times.

• Like 3