Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Added more grass to the embankment. I am trying for the wild grass look. Once it dries I will comb it.  I knocked one pole over simulating a vehicle impact.  I don’t like the way the road looks. I am going to try a different method. 

IMG_4248.thumb.jpeg.c29df6e59d03b46c8c38bdc9fe0f2294.jpegIMG_4249.thumb.jpeg.7530e9c01f200452aa7aac79b310e123.jpegIMG_4250.thumb.jpeg.ad0d8aeb799be53a3ec4411207640c57.jpegIMG_4251.thumb.jpeg.1a06b9ef9f65ab812d5cc5fdb0249cca.jpegIMG_4254.thumb.jpeg.cad4218227d7bc6edf74235fdf04f5f2.jpegIMG_4253.thumb.jpeg.1a7263b72fee568429a9cd63ba8ba20d.jpegIMG_4252.thumb.jpeg.d7b8c3a3eba7a59892595e224cc182d6.jpeg

• Like 7

I added two layers of gesso over the hydrocal. Then one layer of course pumice gel. I added a layer of crackle paste over the pumice. I like the way some of the areas are void of the crackle paste. Looks like erosion of the top coat of the roadway. Wait for tomorrow to see results of the crackle paste. 

IMG_4261.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, KevinM said:

Looks big? You better watch out before long you going to be living in one of these Dio's.:D:unworthy:

Not too big…about 16 inches in width and 32 inches in length 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Mind boggling work just on the road surface.  WOW.  But the rocks and everything.  I can't even imagine....  :unworthy:

thanks…I am my worse critic…always changing things hopefully for the better…once all the vehicles/figures are on there, I think it will look alright. I am going to have a horse drawn field kitchen passing the parked vehicles.  There will be a tank, half track, truck, motorcycle, figures of course and an armored reconnaissance vehicle. 

• Like 4

A lot to learn and take on on this :popcorn: . I personally liked the design with a bit of grass better, even though you were not satisfied with it (but I would have been happy to achieve something like aht myself)

Hubert

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HubertB said:

A lot to learn and take on on this :popcorn: . I personally liked the design with a bit of grass better, even though you were not satisfied with it (but I would have been happy to achieve something like aht myself)

Hubert

Unfortunately the static grass was being problematic with much of the taller lengths laying sideways. I am sure it was operator error. I need to practice more. 

• Like 3

I didn't see the long grass as a problem - more that it was so long that it just flopped over, as grass will do.  Looked fine to these eyes.  The paint on the rocks, on the other hand, is another matter.  It is just exquisite. I can't even THINK about replicating that look.  

• Like 2

For the rock color…acrylic paint, lots of water and multi colors overlapping. Do dark color then light then dark then light. Repeat the process until you like it. Did I say lots of water. 😁

• Like 2