Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Not a real entry .....just a bit of non LSM fun FROG Bf 110

I blame Martin ....on another thread he suggested One idea crossed my mind, but it is kinda silly. "Your first model, ever."

So got me thinking back to probably 1974 . My first kit experience was either a 1/28 Camel my Father brought back from one of his transatlantic trips on HMS Bulwark or this Frog Bf 110 .

it's 50 years ago...I'm not sure .... I'll go FROG.

I have a distinct memory of this weird plane with the aeriels , and dad spraying it with a tin of grey car primer in the garage after I / him had built it. It took me a while to work out which model , but certain it was this one . 

temp-Image-Nuxw-RM.avif

Oddly there are still many of these knocking around , and not reboxed ones ; the original ones from Rovex Triang in Margate. So buy a 50 year old model I did....... but not for 39p . 

temp-Imageu-LQQB4.avif

Inside it's ok , basic details not a lot of surface detail but no warping or much flash 

temp-Image-IRG4g-F.avif

50 year old decals ....noice ! 

temp-Imaget2e6-L2.avif

This is it for instruction steps ....take note modern Airflups people ....KISS 

temp-Imageyyl-IYL.avif

Did a bit of scribing and riveting just for fun 

temp-Imagenwyt-Ya.avif

Builds up ok 

temp-Imagevpxc-GF.avif

temp-Image-CFMi0-R.avif

temp-Imagexg-S7yu.avif

Needs a bit of a file, scrape and fill but far less bother than the Jaguar ( no..... that will get finished before the deadline :) )

My memory re-enacted ....spray it in car primer ! Funny how little things stick in your mind . I was six ! 

temp-Image-Ipmnp-V.avif

base Paint n decals 

temp-Image-Je-Dzn-O.avif

temp-Imagepwffe-I.avif

• Like 3

Not bad at all for a kit that is more likely 60 than 50 years all 👍.

At that time, there was no 3D design software, no CNC machining, no spark-erosion machining. Just a hand-made master, and a pantograph to scale it down to the steel mold.

One wonders why modern kits with all the tech available are sometimes not able to match these oldies …

Thanks for the nostalgia trip

Hubert

• Like 3

• PanzerWomble changed the title to Not a real entry .....just a bit of non LSM fun FROG Bf 110

WOW, nothing like a speed build and what a beauty of a classic. I remember the kit when it was first issued and back then, average for quality.

Some wonderful memories of the hobby when it was so much simpler and all about the fun of building what was in the box. There was there was no AM except decals, paints were enamels, Revell tube glue was the standard and we all used single action air brushes either Paasche H1 or maybe a Badger 150. A whole different hobby back then as compared to now.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

WOW, nothing like a speed build and what a beauty of a classic. I remember the kit when it was first issued and back then, average for quality.

Some wonderful memories of the hobby when it was so much simpler and all about the fun of building what was in the box. There was there was no AM except decals, paints were enamels, Revell tube glue was the standard and we all used single action air brushes either Paasche H1 or maybe a Badger 150. A whole different hobby back then as compared to now.

Cheers Peter . 

• Like 1