The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

New and unwanted "Related Searches" menu bar?

rieser

Is anyone else getting a "Related Searches" menu bar popping up on the left-hand side of the screen which has (?) links to things like "Plastic Model", "Aircraft for Auction", Plastic Model Kits", Used Airplanes For Sale", and others?  It only started happening in the last 24 hours.

Would appreciate any help in getting rid permanently as closing it only removes it for a very short time.  Cheers, Ralph. 

Not seeing it here Ralph...

On either Google Chrome or IE10, nor on Samsung Android either. IP is Telstra, and Android is Virgin (through Optus) so there's a good spread there, although I haven't tried FireFox.

Maybe when Europe wakes up later, you may be able to get some answers then?

Cheers,

Steve.

Not here either Ralph ... Have you downloaded anything at all in the last 24 hours ... or visited unsecure websites? ...

I remember downloading the odd app for my comp a while back ... things like video players etc ...and picking up a few 'unwanted' guests along the way ... a couple of weird suggestive toolbars along the way ... one of the nasties came when I downloaded the Translation Buddy toolbar ... annoying but can be diffused.

Rog :)

Steve, Rob:  thanks for your responses.  Turned out to be "brouser hostage" malware.  Modelling plans scuttled for the afternoon...  Cheers, Ralph.

Yep ... thought thats what it might be ... though potentially dangerous, they rarely ever are - just realy bloody annoying and slow down searches somewhat!!

Rog :)