The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Airfix 1/24 Typhoon add-ons?

ajaycad

With some of the dubious reviews I have seen about Profimodeller stuff, as much as I want these, I will wait for someone to 'do the honours'...

How much are they btw?

I am going to start to adopt your way of thinking. Anybody want to buy a POS Dragon M103A1 kit? <_< 

• Like 1

ok they are £27 from Hannants (plus shipping)

price is £20ish from Profi direct - who I assume have them in stock whilst Hannants do not - but I have no idea what shipping and taxes are

i would post a direct url link pic but Profi have disabled that, and I cannot be ar$ed to do the whole photobucket thing 

you would think that they would just water mark the pic, and be glad that people want to advertise their stuff for free?

they also do not have an instruction booklet link, so I am definitely going to sit and wait

still, at a glance from a pic, they do look nice

just waiting on wheels, and maybe some resin bits for the cockpit perhaps

price is £20ish from Profi direct - who I assume have them in stock whilst Hannants do not - but I have no idea what shipping and taxes are

i would post a direct url link pic but Profi have disabled that, and I cannot be ar$ed to do the whole photobucket thing 

you would think that they would just water mark the pic, and be glad that people want to advertise their stuff for free?

they also do not have an instruction booklet link, so I am definitely going to sit and wait

well, i will bite the bullet in this, i have just ordered a set, and the shipping costs are  2,58 euro's.  I will just have to wait and see if i'll get any additional charges for the import.

so i will "do the honours"  and will let you know if the set is worth the purchase. probably for this amount they won't charge me extra i guess.

(Just received a set of Radu Brinzan's radiator sets's, and they look stunning!)

If you want to improve your typhoon, than i would buy them immediately.

Frank

Just a quicky..

If you have this kit, check your lower wing section. It looks as though the area that wraps around the air intake/radiator was a solid lump of flash out of the mould, so an operator has carved the flash away.

On my kit they also carved away a section of the wing!!

Just a quicky..

If you have this kit, check your lower wing section. It looks as though the area that wraps around the air intake/radiator was a solid lump of flash out of the mould, so an operator has carved the flash away.

On my kit they also carved away a section of the wing!!

Nige

I had a look at my kit and couldn't see anything, but I'd like to make sure

Can you post a picture of what you mean, or perhaps easier just tell me the part number(s) affected?

Cheers

Nick

Well Nick,

I have received my shipment of rockets in 1/24 scale from profi modeller, and i  must say they look pretty good, look for yourself.

foto2_zps44adf0f0.jpgnewdoc12_1_zpsf4064547.jpg

newdoc11_1_zps43a8df62.jpg

Nice manual with clear instructions, so i assembled one of those rockets, looks rather good.

foto_zpsa73938a8.jpg

so i took a rocket from the kit and glued that together so i could compare the two..................................................

HELP!!!!!!!!! MY ROCKETS HAVE SHRUNK!!!!!

foto_zpsc25defe6.jpg

Am i wrong or does the package say that these are in a 1/24 scale?....

I am afraid you are right about your scepticism , so i would advise you not to buy these, they might do for a 1/32 scale perhaps ?

greetings,

Frank

airscalelaunch_zps884a7835.jpg

hi folks smile.png

the new airscale Typhoon set is OUT NOW!

the largest of these dials is 3.8mm wide and the placards will let you get a feel for the 'pit - pretty proud at how they turned out..

PROD3_zps336bd726.jpg

PROD2_zps2bf92bbe.jpg

PROD1_zps0cb84abc.jpg

All pre-orders are on their way to their expectant owners and I am really looking forward to seeing these 'in action'

Peter

Looking great!,

Just got your e-mail that they were send to me, am looking forward to using them in my Typhoon build. Right in time because i started with the cockpit area.

This set is a real good upgrade compared to the kit decals, and i'm looking forward to using them.

Thanks for the good news,

Frank

They look very nice Peter!

Frank have you dropped Profimodeler an email about the size if the rockets?

No i have not,

i have been taking a goof look at the rockets, and it is just a matter of changing the length of the tube from the explosive warhead to the fin of the rocket. the Airfix Rockets are  77mm in length, and the profimodeller's are 65 mm in length. The fin of the Profimodeller's rocket is also a tiny bit smaller. They do look better than the plastic ones in the kit an (if the length is adapted) could be a welcome aftermarket item. Wil be dropping them a line and, and i'll wait for their reply,

Frank

foto_zps982a0507.jpg

hmmm

well i was about to have an anti Profimodeller rant when i tried to look at some references

Wikipedia (don't laugh) says these things were 140cm in real life, which makes them 58mm in 1/24

so who is right??

personally, i don't trust any of these three at this point, and will wait for someone who is close to a museum or has pictures of one being measured to see what size these things should be

also:

The rocket body was a steel tube 3 inches (76 mm) in diameter, hence the name.

this translates as 3.16mm in 1/24...so how does that measure up?

either way, not touching these at the moment

the benchmark for how this kit is ***perceived*** will be whether the big guns of Eduard make anything for it, and whether the very picky about what kits he makes stuff for Roy Sutherland get involved...

cheers

N

hmmm

well i was about to have an anti Profimodeller rant when i tried to look at some references

Wikipedia (don't laugh) says these things were 140cm in real life, which makes them 58mm in 1/24

so who is right??

personally, i don't trust any of these three at this point, and will wait for someone who is close to a museum or has pictures of one being measured to see what size these things should be

also:

The rocket body was a steel tube 3 inches (76 mm) in diameter, hence the name.

this translates as 3.16mm in 1/24...so how does that measure up?

either way, not touching these at the moment

the benchmark for how this kit is ***perceived*** will be whether the big guns of Eduard make anything for it, and whether the very picky about what kits he makes stuff for Roy Sutherland get involved...

cheers

Hello Nick,

I have read the article in Wikepedia, and indeed it says that the length of the thing would be 140 cm. But when you look at the picture and you see those men screwing on the rp head, then either we had a ground crew that aren't any taller than 130 cm or wikipedia has got it wrong?  The length of the rocket exceeds the length of the people working with them. I don't believe those guys were that small.

i have looked at all the reference info i could find, lot's of pictures but no actual measurements, so i guess you are right that unless someone takes a tape measure and goes to a museum or so, we will never know the actual length of the thing.

Anyway, i won't be using the profimoddeller's rockets, looking at all the pictures i've got than they are definitely to short. perhaps in the near future someone will know the answer.

Greetings,

Frank

• Like 1

just got an e-mail from profimodeller,

they will produce 8 replacement rocket bodies  for the set that i have bought, so with these my rockets should have the same length as the ones in the kit.

we will wait and see, anyway they responded to my mail within a day, and if they do what they promised, than everything should be okay again.

to be continued,

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update on the profimodellers rockets,

just received an envelope with extensions to fit on the body of the rockets so they will have the same length as the ones in the kit. see for yourself, i think as they are now they can be used on the Typhoon and will look smart.

foto2_zps52aec7fd.jpgfoto1_zps92017597.jpg

Although it doesn't show to well on the pictures, the body of the rockets now have the exact same length as the plastic ones. 

I must say that profimodeller really solved my problem, (without charge by the way,)

greetings,

Frank

Nice one Frank

But to be honest, of course they should provide the replacements free of charge - the originals are not fit for purpose

Now the question is whether all future sets will be corrected before despatch??

• Like 1

Hello Nick,

Of course you're right, but i believe that if a firm corrects their mistake, they definitely deserve a chance, that's why i put it out here on the forum. In the e-mail they sent me they said that they have changed the rockets to the right scale, so anyone who orders them now should get the right ones. ( It  wouldn't hurt though when people do order them to ask for it specifically to avoid any misunderstanding)

Nice one Frank

But to be honest, of course they should provide the replacements free of charge - the originals are not fit for purpose

Now the question is whether all future sets will be corrected before despatch??