The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hartmann's Erla G-10...wing bumps?

Mikester

• Members

The Revell kit provides big bumps on the wings (only) but it looks like this aircraft has small ones?  Anyone have confirmation?

Revell kind of screwed us on this one, most of the photographs of Erla G-10's show smaller wing bumps but Revell elected to only give us the large ones.  I purchased both sets of Roy's BarracudaCals decal sheets and it seems all of the cool schemes are for aircraft with small bumps. :wallbash:

The G-10 came after the G-14 and was the connection model between the G and K models and in the book from Harald Helmuth Vogt "Bf 109 Duty Planes" he wrote: on the beginning they use the G-6 wings, but with time they use more and more the K-4 wings, also when they do a repair or overhaul.

So on the G-10 everything is possible, you need to have an original picture from the specific plane you wanna build.

Guest Kagemusha

I read somewhere Barracuda are planning to release a sheet for G-6/14's with the large wing bumps, so if you can swap the wing bump parts between kits.

• Members

I believe Hartmanns G10 is a what if scheme, he certainly flew it and the K4 but no photos exist to my knowledge. It's his well documented G6/14 your probably seeing.

Ben, actually a new photo came to light fairly recently.  There's the well known pic of Hartmann in front of an Erla built machine, unfortunately all you could see was the heart with "Usch" inscribed in the middle and the Gruppenkommandeur chevrons and then there's the recently discovered photo showing the front end of the aircraft complete with the tulip on the nose:

Hartmann_1a_zpsdc91a19c.jpg

Hartmanncid_89636c64_5fc7_4f6a_9687_edit

Also see Anders' notes on his Blog:

http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.jp/2011/09/erich-hartmanns-bf109g-10.html

And take a look here:

http://falkeeins.blogspot.jp/2011/09/erich-hartmanns-last-bf-109-g-10.html

Unfortunately it's very difficult to ascertain what style wing bulges it has from this photo, although if I had to venture a guess I would say small bulges.  My quandary is I've already built the kit up with the larger bulges but I'm not sure if they're appropriate for this aircraft.

Ben, actually a new photo came to light fairly recently.  There's the well known pic of Hartmann in front of an Erla built machine, unfortunately all you could see was the heart with "Usch" inscribed in the middle and the Gruppenkommandeur chevrons and then there's the recently discovered photo showing the front end of the aircraft complete with the tulip on the nose:

Hartmann_1a_zpsdc91a19c.jpg

Hartmanncid_89636c64_5fc7_4f6a_9687_edit

Also see Anders' notes on his Blog:

http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.jp/2011/09/erich-hartmanns-bf109g-10.html

And take a look here:

http://falkeeins.blogspot.jp/2011/09/erich-hartmanns-last-bf-109-g-10.html

Unfortunately it's very difficult to ascertain what style wing bulges it has from this photo, although if I had to venture a guess I would say small bulges.  My quandary is I've already built the kit up with the larger bulges but I'm not sure if they're appropriate for this aircraft.

Wow!! thats what i love about this hobby, one photo can change so much! Have to agree, small bulges, the large ones would be clearly visible in that photo. Plenty of other options to choose from, although who wouldnt want to build the Ace of Aces!