Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

My Tamiya 1/32 F-16 Block 50

:151_41_44_712.06380630013627764  thats not a WNW.......Paul im shocked at you building this modern stuff !!!

Only kidding buddy  :151_41_44_712.09472830013627761 superb finish my friend, one to be proud of for sure, congrats.

Martin.

I'm shocked too. Other than the F-4 I built years ago, this is the first. Just not into the modern stuff. This is for my son who is in AF at the moment. He shocked the hell out of me a few of weeks ago by re-upping. LOL. So I am sending him this to show how proud I am of him. It disassembles to fit back into cutouts in the original box. I pray it survives the trip.

Thanks everyone for the fine kudos.

Paul

Nova, this kit was honestly a dream to build. It's older than even my Zero's, I have had it a while, so it's "early" Tamiya quality. It sat in my stash for a long time. The engine is a beautiful kit all by itself, I wish they put two in the kit. One in the plane and one on the maintenance cart. The engine can be taken in and out, it is on a dovetail slide fitting of a sort. They thought of everything on this one. The box has an insert to store the finished model if you like. The tail is on pins and rubber grommets so it can be removed for transport. Pretty neat. All in all I really liked building this. They also made a version in Air Force Thunderbirds colors but that one is discontinued and prices go towards $300 for the kit. I like it, but no way, LOL.

And Jeroen? Thanks a lot for your kind words. This kit is well worth the money and I am NOT a modern aircraft  guy.

Paul

Thanks guys for the kind words. Here is the plane I got the color scheme from. This was at an air show in Colorado Springs last year before I moved to Jersey. A whole flock of birds. The decals I used were from the kit but these bad boys were in normal livery.

Paul

P1010701_zps676e23c6.jpg