Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Sign in to follow this  
Clunkmeister

USAS Salmson 2-A2. 90th Aero (Pair o' Dice) Sqn.

So here is my very first post on this forum. Many of you here know me from LSP, where I am a constant poster and builder.

My friend Seiran asked me to build something here, so I will. So I'm here for him :-)

Of course, I will also feature this as a regular WIP thread on LSP, my 'home' group.

This will be a companion on the shelf to the 90th Pair o' Dice F-100 no.777 that I'm finishing up on LSP.

My picture taking skills are hideous, so please, bear with me.

F2DDFA64-03B2-4433-83D4-1CEDB0771622_zps

• Like 1

My bench is a constant and total disaster zone....

E5D8100B-9C0D-4148-A831-659223FA191C_zps

• Like 1

Hi there!

Of course we know you from LSP. Welcome!!

Good to see a Salmson being built, since you don't see too many of them. Got one in the stash myself so will be following along!

Cheers,

Jeroen

Hooray! I'm tossing up between adding the salmson or re8 to the group build as well. Probably this one as its less insane for rigging

• Like 1

The RE.8 is easier. Only one bay per side. When I built mine, it was fairly basic, at least as far as Allied birds go.

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. I'll shoot for that one then, when I get far enough along on the others.

• Like 1

Just watch the kingposts on the wings. If you use mono like me and like to tension it, you can tension yourself into a massive warp job. No biggie, just re-rig, but you really hate to have to redo some stuff for no reason other that lack of attention paid.

Popped the lid on this yesterday, working on wood and the normal; tedious prep work that seems to take forever.