The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Which to build

Mish

• Members

The G-10 is a little easier build due to the fact that you don't have the fiddly cheek panels to mess with.  If you're just looking for an OOB build the G-10 builds up more accurate as well.  The G-6 really needs the aftermarket cowl Beule to look right. 

How about the Fouga Magister? An infinitely more interesting subject but puhlease no IAF aircraft! Just a proper trainer from the Frenchies or the Southern Dutch Belgians!

B)

Not this time, I'm saving that and it will be in French colours but not as a trainer.

No the two weeks I have off over Christmas is normally reserved for a 1:32 build. and this year I think it will be the G-10. That said what AM do people suggest? I'm going to add HGW seat belts. I'm not convinced the A.M.U.R. Reaver upgrade is needed.

• Members

Not this time, I'm saving that and it will be in French colours but not as a trainer.

No the two weeks I have off over Christmas is normally reserved for a 1:32 build. and this year I think it will be the G-10. That said what AM do people suggest? I'm going to add HGW seat belts. I'm not convinced the A.M.U.R. Reaver upgrade is needed.

If you're doing the G-6 I would consider the new cowl Beule mandatory, the kit parts are off enough that they really detract from the look of the finished product.  The AMUR Reaver sets also address the incorrect MG 131 spacing on the cowls for the G-6 and the G-10 as well as providing a nicer supercharger intake and oil cooler.  For many people these aren't real big issues though.  The exhaust stacks also very so-so on the kit so I always upgrade those too.  There's so many upgrades out there hard to say though, really depends on your budget and how concerned you are about the finer details.

Okay, thanks for the advice guys.

What I've decided on is HGW seat belts and a Mondex canopy mask.

Now how do I know if I need the small bulge correction? Or is a case I need to research the aircraft i want to build?

Maybe's are wheels and exhausts, comments please.

Mish...

To try and clear some of the confusion...

The Revell G-6 upper cowl that comes within the kit, has fuselage bulges that are too small, and gun troughs that are too close together. There are aftermarker resin products that can be purchased to correct these issues.

The Revell G-10 kit also has the gun troughs too close together, and some other minor shape issues, that can also be addressed with aftermarket resin products. Also, the Revell G-10 only comes with large over-wing bulges, which is incorrect for the markings choices that Revell included in the kit. The Erla G-10 was also manufactured with small over-wing bulges, which can be purchased aftermarket or sourced from their G-6 kit if you have both. Aftermarket decals are also available for schemes that featured the larger wing bulges if you so desire.

None of these issues will stop you building the kit straight from the box, nor will they be important to the majority of Modellers.

HTH,

Steve.

• Like 1

Than you Steve,

I'm not to worried a bout the gun positions but the wing bulges are very obvious so I need to get them right.

I have got the G-6 as well but don't want to rob parts from one kit to fix another when I can buy them for £5 - £6

I am going to use AM decals but not decided which and struggling to find out which aircraft needs large or small wing bulges.

Arrrggghh it's a nightmare :)

• 2 weeks later...