The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bf 109G-10, Stab I./JG 52, "White <<" (1/32 Revell)

• Members

Well here's my second go-around on the Revell Erla G-10.  I'm a little happier with this from an accuracy standpoint since addressing the MG cowl spacing makes a big difference.  This kit builds up nicely out of the box but I had a lot of issues with filler not cooperating on me when I grafted the Hasegawa cowl section on, finally switched to gap filling super glue which did the trick and which will be my go to filler from here on out.  The Aries cockpit also threw off the fuselage width so I had to insert some shim on the lower wing to close the gap which was no surprise since it was Aries. The aftermarket laundry list includes:

• Aries Cockpit

• HGW Seatbelts

• BarracudaCast Spinner and Propeller Blades

• BarracudaCast S/C Intake and Exhaust Stacks

• BarracudaCast Wheels

• BarracudaCast Small Wing Bump Inserts

• Quickboost MG

• Forward Cowl Section from a Hasegawa G-10 used to correct spacing of gun troughs on cowl.

• Eduard Brassin Landing Gear

Paint as always is Mr. Color and markings are Montex masks and kit decals.

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

• Like 9

• Members

Dang mike... super sweet..

Tell me: how many models do you build in a month (normally i would ask: a year)

I love it.

Thanks Jeroen! I do four a year like clockwork.  I wish I could get more in, I'll shoot for five this year!

Another fine build there Mike, fantastic result. I've got the small wheel bulge inserts for my G10 from Barra and gotta say not the best fit. I double checked with the kit plastic, no probs......... did you have any issues at all. Not complaining, maybe just one of those things.

I am however building the wings up as separate units to slide on after like Hasegawa for ease of riveting but still find the kits plastic to be a better fit. We've had some extremely hot days here in the last few weeks so may have caused some srinkage?

Anyway I'll stop rambling now..

Cheers Bevan

• Like 1

• Members

Another fine build there Mike, fantastic result. I've got the small wheel bulge inserts for my G10 from Barra and gotta say not the best fit. I double checked with the kit plastic, no probs......... did you have any issues at all. Not complaining, maybe just one of those things.

I am however building the wings up as separate units to slide on after like Hasegawa for ease of riveting but still find the kits plastic to be a better fit. We've had some extremely hot days here in the last few weeks so may have caused some srinkage?

Anyway I'll stop rambling now..

Cheers Bevan

Bevan,

I did have some issues with the wing inserts.  I wish the casting block would have been outboard rather than inboard, I think this would have simplified things considerably since it would have given you a nice flat surface to mate up against the fuselage.  They sat a little high too but that could have been my fault.  Next time I do an Erla G-10 with small wing bulges I'm just going to use a G-6 and the AMUR Reaver nose, I think that's the easiest, most accurate route on this one.

• Like 1

Beautiful, Mike, she stands proud. And scheme is extremely attractive.  :wub:

Is there a big difference between kit's wings and Barracuda Inserts to justify the pain?  

Can we see pictures from other angles (Top, Bottom) to appreciate the whole package,  ;)

Cheers

Mauricio  

• Like 1

• Members

Beautiful, Mike, she stands proud. And scheme is extremely attractive.  :wub:

Is there a big difference between kit's wings and Barracuda Inserts to justify the pain?  

Can we see pictures from other angles (Top, Bottom) to appreciate the whole package,  ;)

Cheers

Mauricio  

Mauricio,

Thanks!  Many Erla G-10 aircraft were actually fitted with the smaller wheels and corresponding smaller wing bumps, the wing bumps included in the kit are the larger style.