The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Administrators

Stunning work as usual Mr Peters!!

I have that kit downstairs if you'd like to visit the US for a few weeks and build it for me, lol!!

Hahaha! No spank you!

This kit takes me ages!! So to be honest: I'll be glad when it's finally done...

• Like 1

As you can tell from the title I haven't gotten the concept of this build down yet. Only that it will be a P and that I will use some accumulated After Market. And as you can see i once again managed to buy a set double... I also have the Eduard interior set. Somewhere :D

Mr. P

39F789F7-2980-43B0-B224-7CC1B9A211FC_zps

will the Montex 111-P canopy masks work for the 111-H6 glazing?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Masked the inside of the glass nose and removed the masks.

Added wiring to the back of the instrument panel, added and detailed the bombsight.

Some additional instruments and bits and bobs need to go in here before i can glue the nose to the fuse.

57FB4919-27B1-463D-B672-A4AC96FD42F1_zps

• Like 3

• Administrators

Nicey nice Jeroen,

How are you going to disquise the many joints in the canopy? Making the edges black?

Cees

They won't be visible since the don't border on the edges. Quite nicely engineered.

896DCCA0-398F-41BE-860C-07B109B17212_zps

4070BC33-DF44-4885-A04F-500314C8D382_zps

• Like 2

• Administrators

Ok and what about that join between the nose and fuselage?

Question time again. :D

Cees

The glass nose is on and no seam or joint in sight!

Strolling through Ebay I stumbled on the rear sight of a MG15... Couldn't resist...

I will drill a corresponding hole in the wooden base (in one of the corners) to accommodate this...

mg15_2_zpslldpu59w.png

s-l500-1_zpsg1rtafxm.png

s-l500_zpswpkchjcs.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I just cought up with this build. Wow!!!!! Nice work. I have seen that you used the early exhausts. Does this mean you are planning to build a P1?!

Cheers,

Arnold

Hi Arnold,

Thnx!

I am indeed doing a P. Not the P-1 but the P-2 (which had a revised radio lay-out).

For this I will be using the Montex masks (instead of the rather thick Revell decals).

2_78.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Jeroen,

I am not a 100% sure, but didn't the P2 had different exhausts?! I thought they looked more like the fish tail type.

Maybee you should have a good look into it. I am planning to build mine as a P3 during the Battle of Britain. and they had the fish tail type exhausts.

Cheers,

Arnold

• Administrators

Hi Jeroen,

I am not a 100% sure, but didn't the P2 had different exhausts?! I thought they looked more like the fish tail type.

Maybee you should have a good look into it. I am planning to build mine as a P3 during the Battle of Britain. and they had the fish tail type exhausts.

Cheers,

Arnold

The P-2 usually had the fish-tail exhausts, but this particular scheme may have had the early ones'.

At least pastor John from Aims seems to think so.

He also made decals for the 1G+EK. He may have been wrong, but I haven't been able to proof otherwise.

But: sharply spotted Arnold!

AIMS_32D004_He111P_cover.jpg

• Like 2