The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Lamborghini Murcielago "Liberty Walk" - 1/24 by Fujimi & Eightyone81

elmarriachi

Hello,

After having finished the modification of the body with the resin fenders, front bumper etc. I have primered the body several times. After the black primer was completely dry I have painted the body with Vallejo's Metal Color Steel in several thin layers.

Some days drying time later Mr. Super Clear followed to give it a smooth and shiny surface ...

I love this color ... :)

qghjkw45.jpg

thhbq22b.jpg

qo7lm2oj.jpg

The transkit from Eightyone81 incldes also the decals of the car. These were cut out and put on the body. One more layer of Mr. Super Clear finished the painting of the body then.
Finally I have polished and waxed it .... 

s6iyr4vw.jpg

f985salj.jpg

992mgqod.jpg

qqorb8pb.jpg

fpm4ct8s.jpg

Next I have installed the engine hood and the one-piece window. The frame was painted first in black from the inside.
One installed the body was glued on the chassis, then the rear lights (painted in clear red), and the mesh part (painted in black) were added.

fdc54hhj.jpg

w7czy433.jpg

m9fck324.jpg

Now I am thinking about the wheels... the brake discs were painted in carbon color already, but which wheels do I use? 

Maybe I will use the ones on the picture below which are only put under the car....

6ypbmxyg.jpg

But which color? Red? I think red looks good somehow ... but I also think about matt black wheels.... what do you think? Black or Red? 

Cheers
Micha

• Like 1

I like the contrast with the red ones and I agree, the steel shine finish is just superb.
Seems to be the right car for Robo-Cop if he fits in ;).
These type of cars are normally not my pair of shoes, but with that paintjob you created something special.

Cheers Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

the Lamborghini Murcielago "Liberty Walk" is finished. The base kit is from Fujimi, the transkit from Eightyone81 and fits perfect.

I tried the Vallejo Metal Colors here for the first time, mostly it works well, but there are some areas I am not 100% happy with ... 

4jgu6qyd.jpg

44qzufeo.jpg

n4uazg8j.jpg

feqkykss.jpg

eenynsrm.jpg

j2pq495y.jpg

mfparc5d.jpg

io2ryxkx.jpg

3dzc5yky.jpg

9eafxd9o.jpg

8657brmc.jpg

3vfjfmbj.jpg