Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Zoukei Mura DO 335A Pfeil

This is the Zoukei Mura Pfeil, built with Liquid Gravity (thought I had enough added, found I had to drill a hole through the fuselage and fill the entire forward engine cavity), Tamiya custom mixed paints, Maketar Masks, and tender loving care. The fit, detail, and engineering are absolutely unsurpassed, but ZM kits will mostly appeal to those who like seeing the detail as they build it, content that it will disappear as assembly continues...My only criticism (often stated) is the clear parts. I have yet to see one of these built transparent, aside from the ZM prototype builds. I'm looking forward to building the HE 219 next!

Cheers,  Tom

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Uncarina
  • Like 1

Rob and Danny,

Thank you! The engineering and fit of this kit were amazing, but that clear plastic wasn't so fun. I had learned my lesson from the Horten, avoided oil-based washes (the thinner eats through the plastic), and used pastels instead.

Cheers,  Tom

Looks great!

Love this aircraft.

I have this kit in my stash, hoping to get to it soon (Wingnuts "hisso" on deck rn).

I previously built the (ZM) Ta152 & Horten (& totally agree with your sentiments about clear plastic - sprayed the Horten sprue trees with Mr Surfacer before starting the build) and am happy with how both turned out. The Uhu however was a different experience for me & currently languishes in the stash of kits that may or may not ever be completed. The body breakdown was so (unnecessarily) extensive that I found it very challenging to end up with a decent looking fuselage - too many gaps & joints. Might just be my lack of skill & as I said it's unfinished but at least for now I've given up on it.

• Like 1

On March 8, 2017 at 2:55 PM, ophthoidoug said:

Looks great!

Love this aircraft.

I have this kit in my stash, hoping to get to it soon (Wingnuts "hisso" on deck rn).

I previously built the (ZM) Ta152 & Horten (& totally agree with your sentiments about clear plastic - sprayed the Horten sprue trees with Mr Surfacer before starting the build) and am happy with how both turned out. The Uhu however was a different experience for me & currently languishes in the stash of kits that may or may not ever be completed. The body breakdown was so (unnecessarily) extensive that I found it very challenging to end up with a decent looking fuselage - too many gaps & joints. Might just be my lack of skill & as I said it's unfinished but at least for now I've given up on it.

Thank you! I have the HE 219 on my short list and will really have to be in the zone to build this one. Pluses: great subjects, all grey plastic, metal landing gear and weight...negatives: no firsthand knowledge but I'm on the lookout for fit issues and the mold line battle. I'd love to see you work your magic with this one!

Cheers, Tom