The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What’s the chances of getting a 1/32 B-29?

1to1scale

So I was thinking, with all the WW2 bombers being put out by companies lately, which represent most of the major ones, it seems like there is on smoking hole left in the lineup...the B-29. Am I the only one who thinks it’s time for this bird to be tooled in 1/32? What is the likelihood of HK or Hobby Boss pumping one out? 

• Like 2

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Jeff said:

Martin........................... where do you get ALL of these cool pics?? You never fail..... some really neat ones....

He was spy of Soviet Union in Cold War.  Now is ex Soviet Spy and has pledged allegiance to the State of Model Building, Head of Research Department. After wall came down he had lots of spare time so he snuck into the archives and took pictures with his Secret Agent camera in his ballpoint pen.

Now let’s get back to Non Fiction. On the other site he was fondly known (by me)  and revered as a quasi semi sorta official historian and researcher. :rofl: He has pictures of everything. Probably historical  pictures of Moses and Moby Dick, too.

My friend Martin has saved my bacon on countless builds by being able to read my mind and publish pictures of detail areas right before I ruin the area with incorrect details.  It’s spooky, actually.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/11/2018 at 9:58 PM, Martinnfb said:

or Tu-75

Voenno-transportnyj-samolet-Tu-75..jpg

Tupolev 75 was ahead of its time, yes? There was yet no need or call for a long range b-29 based airliner in the Soviet Onion. Yes?

Interesting comparison when you look at Tupolev 75 and Boeing 377 Stratocruiser.

• Administrators
On 9/11/2018 at 9:53 PM, Martinnfb said:

Ugh!

That video still gives me the heebie jeebies while watching it. It looks like an uncontained engine failure, but the engines are quite forward set on the wings so the fuel tanks should be well out of harm’s way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

He was spy of Soviet Union in Cold War.  Now is ex Soviet Spy and has pledged allegiance to the State of Model Building, Head of Research Department. After wall came down he had lots of spare time so he snuck into the archives and took pictures with his Secret Agent camera in his ballpoint pen.

Now let’s get back to Non Fiction. On the other site he was fondly known (by me)  and revered as a quasi semi sorta official historian and researcher. :rofl: He has pictures of everything. Probably historical  pictures of Moses and Moby Dick, too.

My friend Martin has saved my bacon on countless builds by being able to read my mind and publish pictures of detail areas right before I ruin the area with incorrect details.  It’s spooky, actually.

Well, actually, I did notice on the other site, that he was prolific with the underground style photos, and thought ah ha....Double Agent...... then I thought, naw, more like " ah, the old camera in the tie clip trick , eh?" ( we all know who that was, right?), then I went right back to the double agent thing..... WITH, the camera in the tie clip ! 

All Bovine Excrement aside, he is most definitely a wealth of some VERY cool and unusual pics, and also has them at the drop of a Ushanka.......

A good Tovarich  ...................... Da???

• Like 1