Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Been waiting to kitbash one of these for many years.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Henley?   Hmmm, that is such a strange choice .

I just like the oddball stuff.  I think it’s cool in a odd way, but I’ve always loved the Hurri, so any aircraft based on the Hurri is cool by me. 

• Like 2

I am not an expert , but wasn't something like, Yeah Cheps we want Stuka, and then no we don't need stucka, let us focus on target tugs, what underpowered and slow, what about basic training, dangerously outdated ..... and so it goes :)

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Martinnfb said:

I am not an expert , but wasn't something like, Yeah Cheps we want Stuka, and then no we don't need stucka, let us focus on target tugs, what underpowered and slow, what about basic training, dangerously outdated ..... and so it goes :)

Yeah, that’s sort of how it worked, eh?    Just like the Americans decision to take the turbo out of the P-39 that was designed as a high altitude interceptor,  the Brits decision to take the dive brakes off a dive bomber bordered on silliness.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 10:41 PM, Martinnfb said:

What about Siebel Si-204 ?

img010.jpg

img013.jpg

I was trying to figure out where I'd seen that plane. Turns out it was one of the planes Eric "Winkle" Brown flew. He used it as his personal transport while looking for other German aircraft. 

• Like 1