The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Convert Eduard Limited Edition SBD-5 Dauntless to SBD-3?

crazypoet

Greetings all!

I have, sitting on my bench and waiting more or less patiently, the beautiful Eduard limited Edition SBD-5 Dauntless Dive Bomber.  Of course, the version I actually *want* to build is the SBD-3, as was used at the Battle of Midway.

Do any of you know of a conversion set for this?  I've not seen one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist somewhere out in the ether...

• Like 1

I have the same kit in stash, but will build the provided  New Zealand version, therefore I never looked for conversion sets. The plastic of the kit is from Accurate Miniatures, maybe that helps.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DocRob said:

I have the same kit in stash, but will build the provided  New Zealand version, therefore I never looked for conversion sets. The plastic of the kit is from Accurate Miniatures, maybe that helps.

Cheers Rob

Ah-Ha!  Accurate Miniatures had an SBD-3 kit a while back.  I could pick one up and use the cowl and prop/spinner from that.  Thanks!!!

The cowl on the -5 was 4" deeper and had different inlets and prop spinner.  Most everything else was the same...

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 7/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, crazypoet said:

Ah-Ha!  Accurate Miniatures had an SBD-3 kit a while back.  I could pick one up and use the cowl and prop/spinner from that.  Thanks!!!

The cowl on the -5 was 4" deeper and had different inlets and prop spinner.  Most everything else was the same...

I'd put money on there being several of these on tables at the Nats.  I've seen them around for sale for very, very little money. 

• Like 1