Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/32 Lancaster bulged bomb bay doors

BlrwestSiR

Anyone know if there are AM bulged bomb bay doors available for the HK Lancaster? 

I'm looking to do the wartime VR-A Lancaster and it had the bulged doors. 

Failing that, if anyone know of some plans available I may give a try at making some. 

Thanks,

Carl

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Ian, I'd certainly give it a try but can't find any plans to know what the shape would be especially at the aft end of the doors. 

Thankfully, since I'm converting one kit with the Iconicair Dambusters conversion, I'll have a spare set of doors in case I screw it up. 

Carl

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

I did the stepped bulged door in cad for the 8,000lb cookie on the Lanc Mk.ii but I don’t have a printer big enough to test print it. 

Mike, could it be printed in sections? Maybe two halves per door and then we just glue them together.  I'd be interested if that sounded feasible. 

Carl

• Like 2

[expletive] I spoke too soon. I just opened up the file to take a look at it. It is in what was a shared folder that my friend and I were using before Fusion changed their subscription model. Since he's the folder owner I cannot save the design back into my files to continue working on it. I could make adjustments to the design but none of them would save so i won't have a way to tweak the thing to make sure everything fits the model.  I'm sorry Carl :( 

If I get some free time I wouldn't mind making the design again but right now I'm overextended with commitments for two aftermarket companies in addition to trying to speed through a build to help show off some new products being announced before long

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2