The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Trumpy A-6A box art...

smitty44

Guest styrenedemon

Not that big...the wings fold!

Forgot about that...so yeah...I'll probably need one. I'd go for heavy weathered Hi-Vis scheme myself. 

Guest styrenedemon

Time the fudge out!

trp02249.jpg

Am I seeing this right? Canopy framing in opaque plastic? Could this mean the clear pieces could be drop ins? I've so wanted this to happen in modeling my whole life. I really think painting the interior color to be seen through clear plastic is annoying, but when the framing gets complex I just don't have what it takes to mask the insides. 

Guest styrenedemon

Yeah...I figured the parts in the above pic were just a placeholder. 

I have to say I'm really digging this kit. I'll wait around a bit until someone builds one up to see how well it goes together though. I don't like fit issues with big expensive kits. Fingers crossed. 

Got in touch with the gang at Sprue Bros and they said next week sometime. Correct me if I am wrong but it would seem Trumpeter is releasing the A-6 here in the US first, interesting....

$240 on Stevens International? F- that.

I'd pay $150ish, but $240 is ridiculous.

Ya well that wont be the price we see in stores, if you look at all their other prices compares to what they actually sell for in stores you get a better idea. It seems the best prices are usuall about 50 to 60 bucks less than the msrp at Stevens....

Guest styrenedemon

So what do you guys think the odds are that we will see a Prowler? I'd probably prefer the E, but I'd much rather have a Prowler. Curious if I should hold off.....hmmm