“LET’S GET WET!” GROUP BUILD STARTS JAN 1, 2023 ×

RoboCop ED-209 coming out.

BlrwestSiR

I think most of us here remember that cinematic masterpiece from the '80s RoboCop. Anyways, Good Smile Company is going to do a model of the ED-209 from the film. 

There's been a couple kits previously released of the ED-209 including a large one done in soft vinyl which was a nightmare to try and get to retain its shape. This will be the first one in IM. 

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/9954/MODEROID+ED+209.html

With this and the Firefox Mig-31 that came out relatively recently it seems we're finally getting some kits of '80s movie subjects. Maybe a Last Starfighter Gunstar is next. 

Carl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very cool, I had both the ED-209 and Robocob vinyl kits. It was very strange to work with that material. Robocob was painted with buffable Humbrol paints, the last wow at the time and I used some Verlinden copied oil techniques to paint the face and it looked ok for the tme.
ED-209 was only built up with no paint, as I couldn't decide, if and how to detail it. Both kits got lost a long time ago, while changing flats.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Last starfighter gunstar, there is a resin kit of that available!  I know you mentioned injection molded  plastic kit. But thought I should mention it. 

Yup, the Black Sun kit in 1/72   I've got it in the stash. 

Somewhere...

• Like 2