Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Hasegawa 1/72 B-24D "GI Ginnie"

JohnB

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've added adequate weight to keep it from being a tail sitter. I had to do some trimming on the cockpit parts to get a good fit for the left hand side of the cockpit. No big deal as that will not be visible later.

9-26-20 001.jpg

9-26-20 002.jpg

• Like 3

Just a heads up for anyone building this kit in future. DO NOT add nose weight until after assembling the nose section but before attaching to the fuselage. I found out the hard way this can throw off the nose pieces resulting in a lop sided nose. I've had to remove the right side nose piece and some of the BB's on that side to fix that. Thanks goodness for debonder. :wacko:

• Like 1

As much as I hate to say it but this SOB is going to the SOD, at least for now. Nose fit, at least for me, has a rather high cuss factor. I'm just going to set it aside until such time as I need something to cuss at. :wallbash:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

John, you know you need that Corsair build to bring balance back to your life......-_-

LOL Phil. Maybe so but for now I'm returning to the HpH P-63. I want to get it completed even though it too has some fit "issues". Since I've already built 2 I know what to look for, etc. so there won't be any unpleasant surprises (fingers crossed!). :)

• Like 2