The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Street Fight in Berlin diorama in 1/35

BradG

This is the biggest diorama I've built. The centre piece is the older Dragon IS-2 which is a very nice model still. It has a roughed up surface texture and the track links are impressive, being able to be linked together without glue and bent/shaped around the wheels.  White aircraft ID stripes were freehand hand painted with the tank number being the kit decal. List of other items used are;

- German solders from the Dragon Desperate Defence gen 2 figure set

- Dragon Soviet Motor Rifle Troops Berlin 1945

- Verlinden Ruined house sections and sidewalk

- Firestorm Hobbies bricks (repainted)

- Unknown brand cobblestone street sections

- Tamiya barricade set along with other Tamiya accessories (ammo boxes, cans, drums)

- Eduard etched barbed wire

I made the rubble by combining the bricks with a red and grey tile grout, HO railway ballast and soil sifted from mums garden. Base isan old picture frame I found laying around the house. I also did modify some of the figures slightly by adding different weapons, especially the bloke holding the magnetic mine, he was originally holding his MP 40. A nice touch from the Dragon figure set is they give you some empty pistol holsters so I put a pistol in his hand along with the mine, his buddy there is covering him with grenades. He was originally holding a K98 but I've put a G43 in his hand along with the appropriate ammo pouches. I also plan to put a tanker in the open hatch, but haven't been to the LHS yet to get some soviet tankers. I'll get to that though. Thanks for looking in.

IapqmiE.jpg

tFAuTfM.jpg

fEhcWn0.jpg

UJNctZ8.jpg

56fJOHf.jpg

1L9jqjC.jpg

v0qh0Ji.jpg

tnVN6rN.jpg

OlioOGE.jpg

qhTV81r.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1