The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Paul, yup, you're on a roll and I only wish I was in my 60's again. Time just has a habit of going faster and faster, the older we get.
  3. Completed steps 2, 3, 10 and 13! Now it looks like a 104!!! Time to return to step 4 and start the gear build up. Plus filling the dreaded fuselage seams!! Lord I hate that!!!
  4. At 60 I know I'll never finish mine! I must have well over a hundred now...or more. A least I'm back to building again. Got a few on the burner now....will be painting this weekend.
  5. thanks for the tip on the walls. I have found a file online to print them at home. Will see how that go. Will start a topic when the build start and it will be a F-105G Mark
  6. Paul Got curious as to about how many kits are in the stash these days. I've been thinning mine out over the past few years, as the thought was to hedge against wanting to build a kit and is no longer available and having the must build kits, I never got around to in my earlier days. Being 76, I'm well into those senior days and trying to mainly first build what I've kept and only buying a kit here and there as need/desire dictates. 😉
  7. No problem at all. Since I am on it here is Cambodian Trojan. Needless to say that @biggtim makes some sweet resin prefab walls. Could be useful for Nam diorama
  8. thanks i know what to order . Mark
  9. some motivational pics with nice details.
  10. A version is correct one for the Vietnam period, actually there are photos showing them being used in the eighties by ANG.
  11. My stash all fits in a small walk-in closet off a small bedroom, admittedly, it's getting full. I just want to get a few of the big-scale kits coming out this year; the Andy's M8, M113, and the Gecko Universal Carrier and that's going to be it for a while.....hopefully, unless something..really Special is released. Like a......big-scale Brewster Buffalo, M7 Priest, WW1 British Mk.IV.
  12. Arrived one day early from Hobbynut Models, one of our forum sponsors. Now just waiting for either Quinta or Eduard to let fly with a cockpit detail upgrade set. Photo; Britmodeler on Scalemates site. I cleaned up the photo a bit in Photoshop.
  13. Paul Nice purchases. Your stash amazing to see. Any chance of posting a few pictures?
  14. Today.... From Amazon, and costing me just a bit over $11.00 using Amazon Points; It's Takom's T29 Heavy Tank (No. 2143) in 1/35 scale. I've been looking for this one. An experimental , stretched, Pershing with a V-12,and a big gun. It never saw service. Also, Tamiya's 2008 re-release/remake of their; Italian Medium Tank Carro Armato M13/40 (35296) in 1/35. I built the 1974 version over 20 years ago. This release has four new sprues of parts. New figures, aluminum barrel, and photo-etch. New plastic parts include: figures, tools, exhausts, sprockets, Link & length tracks, new headlights, and other details. The upper deck has been said to have been revised, but is still dated 1974. New sprues are dated 2008. I did order a set of Friuls for this, but they haven't shown up. Lastly, some Surfacer from Mr. Hobby----Mr. Mahogany 1000 and a spray can of Tamiya gun metal lacquer TS-38. I have never used the Mahogany surfacer before----have you guys?
  15. Thanks Peter and yes a lot off decals but its done. Now more things done and making her dirty. outside pics is the best light. Thats it for today and the finnish is close now. Mark
  16. Just caught up with your build Rob. All I can say is wow! Really amazing work! And many thanks for sharing how you did the rigging. That demystified things for me.
  17. On your mark, get set………..go!! Very rudimentary offering of a CF-104G. Really soft plastic and a whole two spruce, lol!!! Oh well I’ll throw a bit of detail in the cockpit you’ll never see and carry on. Should be a quick build!!
  18. The AEG got it´s teeth - hmmh, well - besides the painted on jaws I mean. The LMG 17/17 Parabellum are from Gaspatch, airbrushed satin black and then I rubbed on steel pigments with a cotton swab. Stock and grip are painted with oil colors and after seeing the pictures, I decided to put on some varnish for a more realistic look. The kit guns are not bad and I used one inside the fuselage, but detail of the Gaspatch ones is absolutely fantastic. Positioning of the guns is not final. I also made some touch ups and detail painting and added the artificial horizon. Gun mounts and other details got sprayed aluminum, then covered with hairspray with the dark sea blue on top and finally weathered with a toothpick. Cheers Rob
  19. @Peterpools: This is for you, Peter, the rudder with the light tinted varnish on top. Cheers Rob
  20. Mark Markin and stencil decals look perfect - well done as I know how long it takes to lay each one down correctly as my Tomcat had hundreds of them.🏆
  1. Load more activity