The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Nice finish

But what a funny looking airframe - never noticed the tail fin sits behind the tail plane... Makes it look as though it could fly backwards or something!

Thanks for sharing

Nick

Beautiful! I think you have captured the elusive "Nakajima Green" topside color perfectly! What paints did you use? (I've got a Ki-84 in the stash that I would love to start soon) ;)

Regards,

Ed

Beautiful! I think you have captured the elusive "Nakajima Green" topside color perfectly! What paints did you use? (I've got a Ki-84 in the stash that I would love to start soon) ;)

Regards,

Ed

Ed

For the inside I used the Gunze H-80 (Khaki Green). The brown is a mixture of XF-60 and XF-10 Tamiya (1:1). For the bottom the XF-14 also from Tamiya.

Regards

ajcmac

• Like 1

Ed

For the inside I used the Gunze H-80 (Khaki Green). The brown is a mixture of XF-60 and XF-10 Tamiya (1:1). For the bottom the XF-14 also from Tamiya.

Regards

ajcmac

Thanks! (I just happen to already have those Tamiya and Gunze colors!)

Lovely job. I just love restraint like this, just so realistic. Can you run us through your workflow?

NOVAModeler my English is not good but I suppose you are referring to painting the model.

I do not have pictures of the process in this model. I use post-shading. At base color mix a few drops of white or yellow (n this case I used white) to lighten and apply the mixture on the insides of the panels. Base color, mix black to darken and apply it on the lines of the panels. The two mixtures containing about 80% thinner. Sometimes, for the shadows, I use only black (is the case) also with 80% thinner.

The result of the application of lights and shadows. It's a Spitfire in 1/48 scale but it is the only one with pictures of the process.

The colors used.

SpitfireMKIX093.jpg

XF-83

SpitfireMKIX085.jpg

Lights

SpitfireMKIX088.jpg

Shadows

SpitfireMKIX098.jpg

Top with the XF-82 and already with lights and shadows applied.

SpitfireMKIX106.jpg

and now with XF-81.

SpitfireMKIX120.jpg

Regards

ajcmac

• Like 1

Thanks! Just what I wanted.

NOVAModeler my English is not good but I suppose you are referring to painting the model.

I do not have pictures of the process in this model. I use post-shading. At base color mix a few drops of white or yellow (n this case I used white) to lighten and apply the mixture on the insides of the panels. Base color, mix black to darken and apply it on the lines of the panels. The two mixtures containing about 80% thinner. Sometimes, for the shadows, I use only black (is the case) also with 80% thinner.

The result of the application of lights and shadows. It's a Spitfire in 1/48 scale but it is the only one with pictures of the process.

The colors used.