Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya 1/48 F-4B Phantom - preorders

Peterpools

Sprue Bros is now taking preorders for the Tamiya 1/48 F-4B:

MSRP: $117   Sale Price:$ 93.99

Hard to believe another 1/48th scale kit reaching the near $100 but for the quality of Tamiya, it's par for the course.  Yes, I plan on buying a few but just one right now. I still have four 48th scale F-4 Phantoms in the stash and the ZM F-4J to finish (she is ready for the paint shop).

I have a few kits I plan on selling now to finance the F4B's; HB B-26B Package and the KH Kingfisher with Eduard PE as well. After tangling with KH P-39, I have no desire to build any more KH kits. Will be posting in the Kits for Sale Forum later today.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

They are in last week at my LHS and they put them out over the weekend. $135 CAD so a bit more than Sprue Bros. But if you preordered it, they gave you a 15% off coupon for your next purchase. 

I still like the long nose Phantoms more so didn't get one. Maybe down the road we'll see.

Let us know what you think of it Peter once you start.

• Like 3

Hi Carl

Plan on placing my SB order today and it sure looks like the Phantom will be jumping right to the top of my build list. The F-4B is my favorite Phantom - not sure why but it is.  A build thread for sure.

Your LHS handled the pre orders very well and I’m sure the kit will sell out quickly.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Scott

Awesome ... you are going to love the kit. I'm about ready for priming, zero fit issues and the details are amazing. Hopefully in a few days time, I'll be ready for another update on my build thread: priming.

Keep 'em comin

Peter