The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hobbyboss Spitfire Vb Trop 1/32nd plenty of after market

Cheers guys, I think Im Going to leave it til after Telford and pick up some more roundel masks off Mal as I've binned the ones I took off.

I used Alclad micro filler primer and buffed it up with micro mesh so adhesion shouldn't be a problem, the colours are all White ensign. All I can think is I didnt leave the paint to dry long enough as I did them a day apart, or like Bevan says some grease or other contamination.

I think I'll put the masks on the back of my hand to remove some stickiness before putting ten on next time. You live and learn. :(

Alclad primer: that'll explain it!

Have used it but never really rated the stuff

Rattle can Mr Surfacer is superior in every respect (save price?) in my experience

I still think you can save things though - it's a really great looking project

• Like 1

Alclad primer: that'll explain it!

Have used it but never really rated the stuff

Rattle can Mr Surfacer is superior in every respect (save price?) in my experience

I still think you can save things though - it's a really great looking project

Cheers, the primer was fairly old to be fair, may of been the problem. Gonna have to get another serif roundels off Mal at Telford. I'll sort it.

I think I'll put the masks on the back of my hand to remove some stickiness before putting ten on next time. You live and learn. :(

been there, sorry to see that.  since my peeling disaster (only with vinyl) I always put masks on back of hand to get rid of tackiness.

good luck on recovery.  the build is coming along beautifully!

• Like 1

Yes mate big Mini freak, although that dream has taken a back seat now kids have come along. Minis are like a disease I'll defo have another !

Sounds like we're both on the same boat mate! I to am currently miniless but I won't go into that! Yes they are addictive , problem now here in OZ the price of an early mk1 is ridiculous and it doesn't even have to be a genuine cooper so will probably always be well out of my price range.

I'll just stick to building models of them!!

Sean

Sounds like we're both on the same boat mate! I to am currently miniless but I won't go into that! Yes they are addictive , problem now here in OZ the price of an early mk1 is ridiculous and it doesn't even have to be a genuine cooper so will probably always be well out of my price range.

I'll just stick to building models of them!!

Sean

Yeah you guys had your own homemade coopers didn't you, I don't think u have any minis passed late 70's tho do u? Prices are daft here too, I'm not fussed about a Cooper anymore, you can make them even faster anyway, I just want a boggo 1982 mini1000 for my next one. Same year I was born, but do it as a bit of a sleeper,stick a 1380 in it maybe even turbo it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Little up date for you all.

Doing the panel lines and weathering now, nice an battered as the Malta spits never sat still

6828DB52-07E7-4F62-967B-E538E4284857_zps

Nice big oil leak done with thinned Tamiya smoke put on in blobs and blown along the belly with my airbrush at high pressure and close range, basically keep chasing the blob til it dries and won't flow any further.

And just to prove they were actually this filthy.....

Spit.jpg

Also used some Ali tape to do the Oleo, quite happy with it.

F2F11911-D875-4402-9061-DC432394011F_zps

Not far off completion now but as usual won't be done in time for the club meet :( should have it at my clubs show in January tho.

Ben

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...