Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

John B is Recouperating from Covid

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

John, I didn't get it as the P-39 hasn't really interested me that much. Heresy I know. .

If you are interested in getting it, let me know and I can pick it up for you or any other member here. 

Carl

I see Carl. Thanks for the offer but I don't plan to build more P-39's (famous last words! LOL). :)

• Like 3

• Administrators

Glad to hear you’re slowly healing. With all the seniors in our family, we all had both our shots as well, and so far, we’ve seen not gotten it.  My wife has Lupus, so we’re VERY careful.

We lost a good friend to it last week. Had both shots, he was 46, fit and able bodied, a working cowboy/rancher, 6’1” 190 lbs all muscle and bone.  Prime of life. He caught it somewhere, and three days later he was dead. It affects some people differently for some reason.  
In the meantime, the rest of us are remembering all we forgot about tending to cattle. It’s more than water, feed, and salt licks, y’all. Oh yay.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Glad to hear you’re slowly healing. With all the seniors in our family, we all had both our shots as well, and so far, we’ve seen not gotten it.  My wife has Lupus, so we’re VERY careful.

We lost a good friend to it last week. Had both shots, he was 46, fit and able bodied, a working cowboy/rancher, 6’1” 190 lbs all muscle and bone.  Prime of life. He caught it somewhere, and three days later he was dead. It affects some people differently for some reason.  
In the meantime, the rest of us are remembering all we forgot about tending to cattle. It’s more than water, feed, and salt licks, y’all. Oh yay.

Thanks Ernie. I've had feedback from several folks about the various degree of severity. My case was a real bear. I hate to think how bad it would have been if I hadn't had the shots.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...