The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bf-109 G-6 /AS Eduard 1:48

Sasha As

5 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Ohhh, how did you do the spinner?  I have such a difficult time doing that spiral - just cannot seem to make the proper mask for that.  The weathering on the prop is excellent - I need to get better at that.  Looking good!!

CANicoll thank you! Cut the mask out of painter's tape to fit the decal from the kit. Only a special knife, the blade is twisted in the collet.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just beautiful!!!  Love the closed canopy - shows off the lines of the plane so well.  How did you mask the spinner?  I've had the hardest time trying to paint those curls!  The base is terrific, too, and really adds to the build.  I really need to learn how to make bases like yours.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Just beautiful!!!  Love the closed canopy - shows off the lines of the plane so well.  How did you mask the spinner?  I've had the hardest time trying to paint those curls!  The base is terrific, too, and really adds to the build.  I really need to learn how to make bases like yours.

CANicoll thank you so much! I cut the worm out of Tamiya masking tape to the outline of the decal. 

• Like 1