The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Another P-51 racer!!!!

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

VEry nice progress, John.

Thank you Gaz. I decided to try to make my own N number decals instead of waiting for the masks. I was pleasantly surprised to find the right font configuration on one of my old decal sheets. Of course they were a bit too big and they were RED but, using my scanner, computer, and laser printer they worked out fine. Now I'll clean up the edges some and then overspray them with clear gloss and they will be ready to use.

Scanned Section 1-1aa.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

Thank you Gaz. I decided to try to make my own N number decals instead of waiting for the masks. I was pleasantly surprised to find the right font configuration on one of my old decal sheets. Of course they were a bit too big and they were RED but, using my scanner, computer, and laser printer they worked out fine. Now I'll clean up the edges some and then overspray them with clear gloss and they will be ready to use.

Scanned Section 1-1aa.jpg

#69.jpg

• Like 3

Have you done Miss America yet?  🙂  Talk about a pretty aircraft!  The white looks terrific, and you laser-printed those markings?  On a Laser Printer?  Wow, have not heard that one before.  I've done markings on an inkjet.  More to think about!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Have you done Miss America yet?  🙂  Talk about a pretty aircraft!  The white looks terrific, and you laser-printed those markings?  On a Laser Printer?  Wow, have not heard that one before.  I've done markings on an inkjet.  More to think about!

Nope, I haven't done that one. I've used my laser printer on a lot of my builds. Sure gives you more latitude for markings and subjects. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Terrific progress on your latest Mustang and a nice decision on making your own decals and markings. 

Of course, no way could you have built so far as many Mustangs as Corsairs and my money is riding on the Corsairs.

LOL Peter. I just counted 'em and I have 17 1/32 P-51's including some SH P-51A's and a A-36. I have 17 Corsairs all Tamiya except for 2 Trumpeter. :)

The mask for the fuselage stripes on this racer P-51 were mailed last Tuesday but haven't arrived yet.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JohnB said:

LOL Peter. I just counted 'em and I have 17 1/32 P-51's including some SH P-51A's and a A-36. I have 17 Corsairs all Tamiya except for 2 Trumpeter. :)

The mask for the fuselage stripes on this racer P-51 were mailed last Tuesday but haven't arrived yet.

Wow!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

INCREDIBLE🏆

What a build record and collection

Since I don't have a P-51 in the stash I feel I need to correct that situation! I just ordered a Revell late -D from SB. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

I sure hope the model companies making both 1/32 P-51 and Corsair, send you a gift or two for your loyal support.

Now that would be great!!! I'm not holding my breath though LOL. 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This one has been sitting idle since early November while I was waiting for some masks for the fuselage stripes. Well, despite assurences the masks were "in the mail" I never received them even though he said he sent them twice. Who knows, maybe they will show up some day but I got tired of waiting and decided just to do it myself. Turned out it wasn't as difficult as I had expected. Now I can go on and resume the build and finish the model. :)

12-3-22 002.jpg

12-3-22 B 001.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2