The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

ICM B-26K

JohnB

Unfortunately this build has come to a screeching halt! It seems I've lost a important part for one of the engines (pics here). I've looked high and I've looked low, in the trash, under and on my modelling desk and several other places. No luck. All I can figure is it must of somehow found it's way into a earlier batch of trash that was tossed out. At any rate I'm not going to continue with this build until I can get a replacement. 🤪

B-26K Counter invader 48279.jpg

B-26K Counter invader 48279 ICM.jpg

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Could you not cast a replacement using the other side ? Looks relatively straightforward part ? 

I have no idea as to how to do that and don't have any casting materials, etc. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Oh no, why doesn't things just go smoothly? Any chance ICM have customer service ? Fingers crossed you find the missing part in the morning. 🤞

As we say Peter, ALWAYS SOMETHING! I'm trying to scratch build one using sheet plastic and old a/c spinners. It won't be pretty but if it works I'll be happy.

• Like 2

Here we are. After a little cleanup and any needed "adjusting" I think this will work. Sheet plastic and part of a old Revell 1/32 Bf-109 spinner. LOL :) Not pretty but if it works who cares!!!

3-5-23 002.jpg

3-5-23 003.jpg

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, KevinM said:

John might be a faulty memory but I thought that piece was only used to align the exhaust ports?:dontknow:

Now that you mention that Kevin I think you are right! 🙃 The instructions are vague and don't say anything about it!!! That would explain why I thought I had lost one but there was only ONE in the kit to begin with.  JEEZE LOUISE!!!!! All that searching through the trash, getting down on my hands and knees under my work desk, all for nothing! LOL Oh well, it won't matter if the knocked together piece "fits" or not since it really isn't needed. I'm blaming it all on PISS POOR INSTRUCTIONS. 🤪

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, KevinM said:

John I did the some of the same going WTF it's in the way when attaching the engine and then I went DF!:wallbash:

Same here Kevin. DUH!!!! 🤪

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Surely look as if Kev came to the rescue and you didn't lose any parts. Just glad after all the crawling around on your hands and knees, you could still get up (there are days I can't) 😉

LOL Peter.  I could still get up but it takes a while!

• Haha 1

I'm waiting for this Vector nose and wing intake set to show up (tracking has no arrival date posted yet). So now I'm going to pause the build until then. It's the best thing to do as the wings will require some surgery for the new intakes plus the new nose will get installed after I add some weights and do some test fitting, etc. Much easier at this stage of construction .🙄

3-6-23 B 001.jpg

3-6-23 001.jpg

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Amazing progress - so what's on your agenda while you are waiting for the Victor nose and wing intake set?

Right now I'm thinking the Hasegawa 1/48 Typhoon.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Very interesting start, John, looking forward to your build!  Chris

LOL Chris. I'll fill the time waiting for the B-26 stuff working on the Typhoon. I've decided on this one:

Sin-t-tulo-2.jpg

• Like 5

Back to work on this kit. I ordered the wrong nose from Ultracast and they are out of the one I need. 🤪 

I'll just go on and use the kit nose which I think looks okay anyway since this build has been on hold for too long. :)

• Like 3

John

I've done the same more then once - order a piece of needed Am, waited and when it came, I realized, I ordered the wrong one. Had to be a LONG senior moment when ordering.

John, how much total weight are you using? Sure, hope it isn't too much for the gear to handle.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

I've done the same more then once - order a piece of needed Am, waited and when it came, I realized, I ordered the wrong one. Had to be a LONG senior moment when ordering.

John, how much total weight are you using? Sure, hope it isn't too much for the gear to handle.

The kit calls for 40 grams and I put in 90. It doesn't feel like it's too heavy but I'll keep my fingers crossed! 🙄 🤞

• Like 2
  • Confused 1