The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

ICM B-26K

JohnB

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Are we there yet? :)    I will follow this one, the Vietnam scheme is ultra attractive. Good choice John. 

Cheers

Martin 

Gettin' there Martin. LOL Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Always felt they were a bit of a "late to the party" mosquito !

Looked a lot of fun to fly in that config 

No bay of pigs versions then ? 

Nope, no Bay of Pigs version at least for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 4

Proceeding right along with this one. I had to add a gun sight, compass and and seat belts from my stash of leftovers. The resin wheels are True Details although I might not use them as the kit items are a bit more accurate for a "K" but have no tread. :)

3-3-23 001.jpg

3-3-23 002.jpg

• Like 12

Nice start John.  Interesting aircraft for sure.  It’s one on my to-foil list.  I never quite understood why this bird got the same designation as the very cigar shaped bomber.  I look forward to seeing what you make of it.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Nice start John.  Interesting aircraft for sure.  It’s one on my to-foil list.  I never quite understood why this bird got the same designation as the very cigar shaped bomber.  I look forward to seeing what you make of it.

Thanks Gaz!:) It should make a nice looking bird after all is said and done. My understanding as to the change in designation was because the Martin B-26 Marauder was being phased out of inventory. The Air Force no longer used the "A" for attack designation so I guess they decided it was only natural to re-designate the A-26 Invader with the "B" suffix. Sure has caused a lot of confusion over the years.   🤪

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The theory by Wings/Airpower (who are not reputed for their objective and prudent approach to headlines and reporting) was that the new-born USAF was keen to wipe the first B-26 out of memories, given its poor reputation as a widow-maker in WWII …  Their gripe against Martin is also given as the explanation for choosing the B-57 over the B-51, FWIW.

Hubert

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HubertB said:

The theory by Wings/Airpower (who are not reputed for their objective and prudent approach to headlines and reporting) was that the new-born USAF was keen to wipe the first B-26 out of memories, given its poor reputation as a widow-maker in WWII …  Their gripe against Martin is also given as the explanation for choosing the B-57 over the B-51, FWIW.

Hubert

Agreed Hubert. Too bad the B-51 didn't get the go-ahead as I really like that a/c. It was in a movie with William Holden named Toward the Unknown.

• Like 3

Just now, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice start John. I'm a bit surprised about the gunsight and that ICM missed it considering they did so many new parts for this variant. 

Me too Carl. One of those things. :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

Agreed Hubert. Too bad the B-51 didn't get the go-ahead as I really like that a/c. It was in a movie with William Holden named Toward the Unknown.

The famous Gilbert F-120 prototype …

Hubert

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HubertB said:

The famous Gilbert F-120 prototype …

Hubert

:) I have the Anigrand 1/72 resin kit for this a/c and just never have gotten around to building it. I think that will change soon! :)

61MmoQGoY4L.jpg

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, JohnB said:

:) I have the Anigrand 1/72 resin kit for this a/c and just never have gotten around to building it. I think that will change soon! :)

61MmoQGoY4L.jpg

Last time I saw an Anigrand WIP, it involved lots of putty and sanding.  I hope yours doesn't.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice start and as always, you're flying through the build. The front office, props and wheels look mighty good. And to think, I'm still trying to get the Spit into priming and then the paint shop.

Thank you Peter. :)🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Absolutely stunning as ever John, start on Wednesday and cockpit and and and……..already completed……..your stash must be shrinking……

Thank you Phil. Unfortunately my stash isn't shrinking as I keep adding to it! LOL :)

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Now sure is the case for us all and a shrinking stash at our age, is something we should be thinking about. I'm just as guilty. 

I agree Peter and I have sold some off a while back but since have made up for it with more kits! LOL Just received 2 today, another Trumpeter -4 Corsair and a Hasegawa 1/48 Typhoon. :)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Looking forward to both builds, especially the Hasegawa Typhoon.

Some time in the fairly near future for the Typhoon I think. :)

• Like 2