Kurt is confused ...

IMG-1592.jpg

Very quick build , top attached with a screw 

IMG-1598.jpg

Night Shifts favourite primer 

IMG-1599.jpg

Doingthe hull halves seperately 

IMG-1600.jpg

Link n Lenght tracks is why ...I like there apart from the pin marks ..

IMG-1602.jpg

Top basic paint and filter 

IMG-1603.jpg

And the fun starts here .....

PW

• Like 8

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Very nice, Guy!  When does the swearing begin?

Eez going ok . Never built a 1/48 tank before ( apart from the lil Ba64 the other month for that dio) . 😃Last Jagdpanther I did was a 1/25 one .

So far so good, I like using 30% less paint and glue ...more shelf space .....and although the cast metal hull is a bit of a gimmick, I personally like the weight . Detail is very Tamiya as is the great fit . L&L tracks were superb for fitting , Tamiya have really nailed this aspect IMHO . Fixed in one place suspension is the downside.

Might do a little 1/48 dio......swearing will start with the figures no doubt.

• Like 4

A bunch of micro Hans , Kurts und Gunthers ...

I'm not much of a figure person , and these are just taken to basic paint . They'll get another session of tidying up, slings, mud etc for fitting to the scenario when I decide what they are up to . 

For IM, figures the sculpting is not bad , and I like the relaxed poses  . These are Tamiya 32602 , tooled in 2021 . 

Still not sure where this is going . As much as it screams FRANCE , the kitty is probably a bit too late for that with no Zim on it ....no JPs at Arnhem ....these guys look too warm for the Bulge ...and I have a nervous tic about "late 1945" stuff as it is the realm of "what if's " and paper panzer nonsense so beloved of WOT people . Zuider Zee maybe as there was a JP unit in that general direction . 

IMG-1632.jpg

IMG-1633.jpg

IMG-1634.jpg

IMG-1635.jpg

• Like 2

A blast from the past ....1/25 Academy Motorizzzzzed done as a present for a mate 10 odd years ago .

Very er ...clean for me  🤐....mind you it is a rug runner .

Struggle to understand why people ask silly money for these now. ...it's kinda ropey /.

IMG-4840.jpg

• Like 3

Continuing in the line of "try something differen"t .... making buildings in Qwerty not 35th scale....

Also found a likely scenario , the Battle for Geel in Belgium , 8 -23rd September , where us Brits ( 50th Inf Div) battled to a fro over the town of Geel with the Germans of  85th Inf , II Reg Falschy troops supported by Jagdpantherererers of the 559 SPzJAbt .

Some period pics from Geel ATB attached too

I'd never heard of this battle till I went looking, so happy again to learn something new. 

IMG-1642.jpg

IMG-1647.jpg

Geel-Stelen-2.jpg

Yes those are  C47s for Market Garden ..

ba9513b43ef60766602a8ba6e4189957.jpg

Church got a pasting , the spire taken out on approach as had became standard practice in France etc . Bloke out front with an odd looking helmet ...Belgian or Turtle Helmet ? Nice Churchill reference pic too , how much extra track ?...all of it .

5dbdd78423d358007f519f7a8545de8e.jpg

ba15e908f3caadf294a0ce27ac52d660.jpg

• Like 2

• PanzerWomble changed the title to RFI 1/48 Jagdpantherette diorama , Belgium Sept '44 Completed
  • 2 weeks later...