The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa P-40E 49th FG

The Hasegawa 1/32 P-40's have been around for a good while but they are still nice kits. I plan to build this one OOB except for the FineMolds belts plus I intend to use kit decals to do Landers's "Texas Longhorn".

10-7-23 001.jpg

HAS00008879_0_l.jpg

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice start John. I've only done one Hasegawa P-40 and that was the N. The separate tail section was a PITA to get a smooth seam. Looks like it's a non issue for you though. 

Thanks Carl. I agree, that tail section join line was a real PITA. I did the best I could but I think it will still show some. I'll live with it. This is such a easy kit to build (everything FITS except for the tail section) it should go fast. One of these days I'll have to start on something that will take a good while to build I guess LOL. :)

• Like 2

John

Terrific start on the Hasegawa P-40; office looks awesome and It's hard to believe the fuselage is already together. But as you said, with a well-engineered kit that fits well, build time doesn't have to be spent getting parts to line up and mess.   :popcorn:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Terrific start on the Hasegawa P-40; office looks awesome and It's hard to believe the fuselage is already together. But as you said, with a well-engineered kit that fits well, build time doesn't have to be spent getting parts to line up and mess.   :popcorn:

Thanks. Darn near ready for paint! Going a lot faster than I expected it would so I might set it aside for a bit and resume working on the FM-2 since it's ready for decaling. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice POA. Maybe you could bring both along and then concentrate on working on both in the paint booth and then decaling.

Nice thought Peter but a bit too late for that.

10-9-23 B 001.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Rats, always a day late and a dollar short! But Holy Cow, the Wildcat looks fantastic 🏆.

Agreed, the Wildcat looks really good. Those are some old Aeromaster decals. I started on the kit decals but they didn't turn out too well so I pulled 'em off and got out my decal file on the Wildcat and found a couple of Aeromaster sheets I had had for a good while that were just waiting to be used!:)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Just glad the kit decals came up without too much trouble. 

Me too! It was just the wing insignias which hadn't been in place long. I re-wet them and tweeze'd ''em up. No sweat. :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Terrific paint work on the cammo - looking so good.  You're flying through the P-40 for sure. 

Thanks. It's such a easy kit to build ya just can't help but "fly" through it. :)

• Like 1