Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

KH T-28C from SOD is back on SOD.

When I did some test fitting I found the fuselage has a bit of a warp problem. 🤪 The wheel wells were in place in the 1st photo but I was able to work them loose and remove them in the next 2 photos. I'll work on straightening it out at least to a workable degree. Now I remember why it was on the SOD (and it just might return there!).

12-26-23 001.jpg

12-26-23 B 001.jpg

12-26-23 C 001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, KevinM said:

Savage some bin the rest to the trash heap keeps those wondering thoughts of a return at bay.;)

I rarely toss a kit in the trash bin since if you do that any useful parts that you could use later on are gone. That's the reason I have so many spare parts set aside in boxes and drawers.

• Like 3

• JohnB changed the title to KH T-28C from SOD is back on SOD.
38 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Didn’t try “relaxing” the plastic with a heat gun or hair dryer first?    I’ve saved a few builds with my old Monokote heat gun from the RC days. 

That was the first thing I tried Scott and wasn't able to get satisfactory results. A bit frustrating so I said screwit and put it back in the box. Not in the mood to contend with balky crap like that right now.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2023 at 4:41 PM, JohnB said:

BACK TO THE SOD! Way too much of a PITA to keep trying to fix. :wallbash:

that's a real shame John, I had no issues with my kit, you've been unlucky I think.  I built mine as a Fennec and I consider it to be my best ever build in terms of how the finished kit looks.  That warped plastic looks really bad however if you get the urge to bring it back down do so, it's a great looking plane once complete. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, npb748r said:

that's a real shame John, I had no issues with my kit, you've been unlucky I think.  I built mine as a Fennec and I consider it to be my best ever build in terms of how the finished kit looks.  That warped plastic looks really bad however if you get the urge to bring it back down do so, it's a great looking plane once complete. 

I agree it builds up to be a good looking model as I've built 3 so far. Two USN trainers and 1 RLAF bird in Laos. Didn't have the warp problem with any of those. It's possible I'll re-visit it at some point but we will see! 🙄

• Like 2