The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa F6F-3 completed

I'm calling this one done.  I'm not particularly happy with it as it just hasn't turned out like I wanted it to. I got tired of working on it and wanted to get it wrapped up and done. Happens sometimes I guess. At any rate it's finished.

I added a CMK cockpit and some Tamiya Corsair wheels plus a gunsight from my leftover parts stash to help with some details. Painted with Colourcoats and Tamiya. Decals are all from my decal stash.

1-4-24 001.jpg

1-4-24 002.jpg

1-4-24 003.jpg

1-4-24 004.jpg

1-4-24 005.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Can't understand why you are so unhappy with the Hellcat, I didn't see any issues at all. For a kit of it's age, it's a terrific. build. 🏆

Just one of those things Peter. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rod Bettencourt said:

That looks great John! Thanks for sharing.

Rod

Thank you Rod, I appreciate it. Glad you like it. :)

12 hours ago, Rod Bettencourt said:

John,

How was that kit? I flirt with getting one from time to time.

Rod

Not all that bad for one that was 1st issued back in the 70's or so. Fits okay but it needs some after market items like a replacement cockpit with better details. I also replaced the kit wheels with some for a Corsair. The windscreen for the -3 version is too "rounded" and doesn't look right. I used the windscreen for the -5 and added the needed ribs to represent a -3. Bottom line is it's better than the Trumpeter kit. I hope this answers your question Rod. :)

6 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Looks good to me John, nice work on a golden oldie.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. I'm glad you like it. It's starting to look better to me the more I look at it! Sure could be worse! :)

22 hours ago, JohnB said:

I'm calling this one done.  I'm not particularly happy with it as it just hasn't turned out like I wanted it to. I got tired of working on it and wanted to get it wrapped up and done. Happens sometimes I guess. At any rate it's finished.

Well John it looks fine from here but yeah I know that feeling the mojo for the build just left the house.I had that happen on a He-51 on a group build when all said and done "it just laid there like a dead frog":(

19 minutes ago, KevinM said:

Well John it looks fine from here but yeah I know that feeling the mojo for the build just left the house.I had that happen on a He-51 on a group build when all said and done "it just laid there like a dead frog":(

Thanks Kevin. Doesn't happen very often but when it does it's a bummer. The only thing to do is go on to something else and let it rest. 🙄

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Looks great. Tell me, did you fix the landing gear bays, or did you leave as is?

Reuben

Thanks Reuben. I am not aware that there is anything wrong with the landing gear bays. Please enlighten me!

15 hours ago, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Just that their void of any detail and what there is, only goes back half way.

Oh well. I can live with it. Too much trouble to modify. :)

• Like 1