Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Bf-109K-4 White 16

This is next up. I've always liked those very late war camo schemes and this one really appeals to me. I'm installing a Aires cockpit and will use some FineMolds seat belts. Since I couldn't come up with appropriate numbers for the white 16 in my decal stash I have some that should be just right coming from Fantasy Printshop in England. Hopefull they won't take too long to get here. I plan to use various brands of paint to get the colors I feel look "right". That includes Testor's MM, Ammo acrylics, Vallejo acrylics, Tamiya acrylics, Colourcoats, and Xtracolor. I hope it turns out well! :)

White 16.jpg

421492459_769144538578151_389300407917369494_n.jpg

Scanned Section 2-1a.jpg

Scanned Section 3-1 a.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Great choice and the office looks great. You are easily turning into the Master of Aires Cockpits. :construction:

Thanks Peter. I don't think I'd go that far but their cockpit sets do add a lot to a model.

• Like 3

Right now I'm working on the spinner stripe. Not at all easy to get it right. I've tried a couple of decals and couldn't get them to set "right". I've been trying to find a shop that has the Eduard stripe mask set #JX502 but no one has it. Would anyone have one to spare or can you direct me to a "shop" or someone that has one for sale? I've checked with Hannant's, Sprue Bros., Scale Hobbyist, Squadron, Montex, Maketar, Hobby Link Japan, Free Time Hobbies, and ebay with NO results. You'd think someone would have one available. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :)

Update: Looking through some more of my stash I found a '109 mask set for a G-14 which has a spiral on it. I'm going to give it a try and see if it does okay. Should be fine!

jx502.gif

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

The camo colors are estimated RLM colors on this a/c. Certainly not carved in stone since the photo is colorized but I think they are close.🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JOhn

The spinner looks right on and so very good. Colors are always subjective depending on the weathering of the aircraft at the time the photograph was taken and the film used. Just go with what you feel are the best color representations for your build. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

JOhn

The spinner looks right on and so very good. Colors are always subjective depending on the weathering of the aircraft at the time the photograph was taken and the film used. Just go with what you feel are the best color representations for your build. 

That's the plan Peter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Nice spinner John. Here is a helpful profile to consider.

Cheers

Martin002-4.thumb.webp.10e716e75af77796e26314732e09149e.webp

image.jpeg.9761e1f1fc79bc4b368e0c3a56bbf489.jpeg

Thanks Martin. It's hard to tell with much accuracy what the camo colors are so I'm going with educated guess's. Too bad the photos of this a/c aren't in color! :)

White 16 A.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Sweet! There is something very special about the later war LW schemes.

I agree Martin. They just "look better" than the "ordinary" schemes. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KevinM said:

Nice john looking really good I take it  it's the Hase Kit? pretty much the only game in town?:hsmack:

Thanks. It's the Revell kit which, I think, is originally Hasegawa. Now to await the needed decals........🤪

• Like 4