The Great LSP Twins Group Build Starts Jan 24, 2024 - End July 3, 2024 ×

Sukhoi Su-25 Ukrainian digital camo, OEZ 1:48

Looks like I suffer from a ”builder’s block”.. I mean too many interesting kits in the stash to choose from. 🫣

When the group build was announced the first thought I was to continue my stalled Revell 1:32 F-18E. Then I started looking what else do I have in the stash that would fit in the GB. Slippery road, that one.

I found a 1:72 Tu-16 or Tu-22 that would be cool to do, maybe Egyptian scheme? Weirdornier Do-335 as a twoseater - ooh, real nice. How about a Ukrainian demo team MiG-29 1:48, or one of submarine hunter duo of SP-2 Neptune or S-2 Tracker in Agrentine colours or maybe a Argentinian Chinook? I even toyed with idea of doing a HMS Nelson, having two steam turbines powering to shafts,  might qualify as a “twin”. 😃

Finally I settled on old OEZ Su-25 in 1:48 scale, mainly because I’d like to test the Foxbot masks that I have coming in for Ukrainian Su-25 in digital camouflage.

0a-Su-25cover.thumb.jpg.40d31caab9066171611c3fe9f78c2fe1.jpg

The box is old enough to be a Czechoslovakian product. The kit was inside a plastic box, which had protected the sprues quite nicely during all these years.

0b-madeinCze.thumb.jpg.8a332645abb8e5ebd0a2a611db6fe3ba.jpg

Decals look quite old, but those won’t be used anyway.

1b-decals.thumb.jpg.032b8c76d59f8ce8681b2acb7d6b6e9d.jpg

Instructions are pretty compact, having only five steps for the constuction. The same plastic has been boxed by Eduard, so I’ll be checking the Eduard instructions for help if needed.

1a-instructions.thumb.jpg.e814152c6c9e6340cc8e1d839edb4d78.jpg

Parts don’t have any locating pins, so careful construction is in order. Detail is somewhat soft, but we’ll see how it turns out.

1c-sprue1.thumb.jpg.738b21bd5af75fb8d12b10dd5bf61ea7.jpg

Something like this is the goal:

Sukhoi_Su-25_in_Ukrainian_service_269_n_(cropped).jpg.6118a5f6aa76e021cac85af761887005.jpg

So another silly project. Every now and then I like to build some older kits.

At least this isn't from 70's, as far as I can see.  :lol:

-jani

• Like 9

On 2/8/2024 at 3:23 PM, Peterpools said:

Nice choice and the digital cammo looks awesome.

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see how the masks work. I ordered similar masks for MiG-29 as well. If they work nicely, then I'll get some more. Somehow the Ukrainian digital camo looks really nice to my eyes. Too many brown+green spitfires, maybe? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, telepatu said:

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see how the masks work. I ordered similar masks for MiG-29 as well. If they work nicely, then I'll get some more. Somehow the Ukrainian digital camo looks really nice to my eyes. Too many brown+green spitfires, maybe? :lol:

I agree the camo looks cool, and maybe way too many 109’s and 190’s?🤭

• Haha 1