The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

FW-190A8 Revell

I decided to resume work on this kit after setting it aside due to poor fit and high cuss factors. I think I now have that sorted out (fingers crossed) but haven't yet come to the part to attach the engine. Looks like a high cuss factor undertaking but we will see. :)

2-21-24 001.jpg

White 5-1.jpg

• Like 4

I have a question for you guys. Have any of you built this kit? The F-8 or A-8, either one. It is giving me fits with the complicated build, crappy instructions plus the poor fit. :wallbash:Specifically I'm wondering about building and attaching the engine. My personal opinion is that the people that designed this SOB should be hung by their balls. It's a strong candidate for the SOD and maybe the trash bin. 😠

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Wish I could help but I've never the Revell kit or any 190, so I'm next to useless in offering any help. 

:(

Thanks Peter. Not a problem. I'm resuming work on it and come hook or crook I'll get it done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Never a doubt in my mind and I'm sure she will be a beauty when finished. :construction:

Nope. It's to the SOD. Had enough of this SOB.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JohnB said:

I have a question for you guys. Have any of you built this kit? The F-8 or A-8, either one. It is giving me fits with the complicated build, crappy instructions plus the poor fit. :wallbash:Specifically I'm wondering about building and attaching the engine. My personal opinion is that the people that designed this SOB should be hung by their balls. It's a strong candidate for the SOD and maybe the trash bin. 😠

I've got one in the stash but haven't built one yet. Their 262 is giving me similar fits. It's like the engineering/design is 95% there but they've missed just enough to make things a headache rather than a joy. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I've got one in the stash but haven't built one yet. Their 262 is giving me similar fits. It's like the engineering/design is 95% there but they've missed just enough to make things a headache rather than a joy. 

I doubt I'll ever get back to this kit since it's such a pain Carl. Building is supposed to be enjoyable and this one is far from that. Time to move on to a "fun" build.

• Like 2

I built this few years back  , the engine covers are a small challenge to ahve closed as it's designed to all hang open . The Arado is apparently similar .

If you want them shut it's just a matter of shaving the cylinder heads. It's not a particularly hard job TBh , just trim them back below the line of the circular support . Rest went together fine . 

....& I know Prillers wasn't an A8

IMG-2559.jpg

DSCF7165.jpg

IMG-2636.jpg

DSCF7171.jpg

DSCF7172.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, KevinM said:

Shame John I am not a big builder of the FW-190 but the scheme looked like it had merit.;)

I was looking forward to building it as I really like the very late war color scheme. Maybe a Hasegawa kit later on.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the kit. I hate bad fitting kits!

When a kit becomes a chore.....move on!

Agreed Paul. This hobby is supposed to be enjoyable. :)

• Like 1

John

Good call. When the fun and enjoyment are gone and your enthusiasm for the kit has vanished, it's time to move on and start a project that calls you to the bench. At our stage of the game, banging our head against the wall to keep working on a kit and being frustrated, makes zero sense. You absolutely made the right call.👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Good call. When the fun and enjoyment are gone and your enthusiasm for the kit has vanished, it's time to move on and start a project that calls you to the bench. At our stage of the game, banging our head against the wall to keep working on a kit and being frustrated, makes zero sense. You absolutely made the right call.👍

Thanks Peter. 100% agree.

• Like 1