Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

I decided to repaint this a/c in a USAAF scheme from Italy. Not a lot to it since the model was already built. I just removed the decals, did some fine sanding, and re-painted in the scheme I wanted. Decals are left-overs from previous Hobbycraft P-51 builds. 🙂

2-28-23 001.jpg

6-20-24_NEW_NEW.jpg

6-21-24 2_NEW.jpg

6-21-24 3_NEW.jpg

6-21-24_NEW.jpg

• Like 6

Oh man, tough call for me since both are beautiful builds!  I would have to do both!  You know, that “do both” gets me in a lot of trouble with multiple kits in the stash.  😱

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Oh man, tough call for me since both are beautiful builds!  I would have to do both!  You know, that “do both” gets me in a lot of trouble with multiple kits in the stash.  😱

Understood Scott. I had been thinking about this re-do for a good bit and decided now was a good time to go on and do it. I'm also considering doing a re-work on one of my KH AT-28D builds. I'd have to remove the underwing pylons, fill and smooth out the locating holes, remove the seat armor and gun sight among a few other things. It would be a bit more involved than the P-51 re-do but we'll see. :unsure:

• Like 2

John

Terrific choice on your Mustang redo - looks mighty good in her new paint scheme.

Surely going to be a nice project on the T-28 redo's as well. Looking forward to following your progress.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

No question the T-28 will work out just fine as well.

I have it pretty well disassembled (removed ordinance racks,puttied and sanded placement holes, prop, canopys, seats/armor backing, gun sight, etc. Now waiting for SB to send me a canopy mask set.)

In the mean time I've started a Hasegawa 1/32 P-40E based at Darwin early in the war. I'll start a thread in a bit.

• Like 1