Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Old mold Revell FW-190F8 next

I decided to do another FW-190F so I ordered a Revell kit on ebay. I didn't realize it was one of the old mold kits until I opened the box. LOTS of heavy rivet detail which aren't  very attractive plus some soft molded interior parts. Oh well. I broke out the sand paper and started cleaning up the fuselage halves. Will need a good bit of elbow grease but should go a long way to improving it's look. I plan to replace some of the parts such as the canopy and some of the innards. I just hope everything fits!

Revell 190F8 5.jpg

Revell 190F8 4.JPG

Revell 190F8 use.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Finally got all the heavy rivets sanded out and primer applied. I'll do some light panel scribing next. I have a Eduard cockpit set ordered from SB and will get started on that when it shows up (hopefully before the end of the week).

10-14-24 1.jpg

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Wow, talk about a purse from a sow's ear. Sanding off all the rivets has really made a difference. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the cockpit. 

Thanks Carl. I'll replace the kit cockpit with the Eduard Brassin cockpit when it gets here from SB. Hopefully by Friday. I plan to use FineMolds belts instead of the brass ones in the set. Then I can get started buttoning up the fuselage, etc.🙂

edu632119c__15557.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spitfire said:

God I remember building one of those many years ago, not fun but it turned out well, I have no doubt you can work your magic on it and turn out a fine model.

Cheers

Dennis

Yep, it's a oldie alright! My fingers are crossed it will build up okay, thanks! 🙂

19 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Thats made a heap of difference  , you've more patience than I !

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I too think it makes a big difference and is a big improvement. 🙂

• Like 1