The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

SdKfz 251/23

dinesh ned

Hi guys,

Newbie here. My name is Dinesh and l'm from Singapore. Thanks for letting me in. I'm primarily an armor builder but when l see the phenomenal work being done here, l kinda feel like working on a large scale aircraft pretty soon!

Meantime here's something l did some time ago. Its the elusive Sonder Kraftfahzeug (SdKfz) 251/23 German WW2 halftrack. There's this sneaking suspicion it existed but pictures are rather thin on the ground.

http://www.themworkshop.com/mgallery/buildpanzer/bp_20060404/bp_20060404.html

I'm not sure how to post pictures here so please accept my apologies for posting a link.

Looking forward to your feedback and learning lots of things, esp from all the airplane gurus here!

Regards,

Dinesh

• Like 1

• Administrators

That is some sweet work!! Welcome!

We need more armor modelers and its only a bonus if they build as good as you.

Please post this build in the armoursection. You can use photo bucket for example or just copy your link images in the pop up that appears when you click the picture frame in the little editor menu. Right above where you type.

Cheers!

Jeroen

• Like 1

Welcome Dinesh, and...

Very atmospheric look to this SPW.

Can you tell us more about the build please? Is it the Dragon Ausf.D kit, did you source parts from the '250 kit or any aftermarket parts for the barrel / wheels / tracks? And how do you apply your weathering techniques?

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words gents!

Here are a few teaser shots of projects I've worked on.

img_m4a1_001.jpg

img_panther_g_001.jpg

img_m4a3_76_001.jpg

img_jagdpanther_001.jpg

img_stug3g_001.jpg

img_pakwagen_001.jpg

img_kingtiger100_001.jpg

img_m4a2_001.jpg

img_befehlspanther_a_001.jpg

img_tiger_2_001.jpg

img_kanonenwagen_001.jpg

I will try and figure out how to upload more pictures into the gallery. Please accepy my apologies for not having any 'in-progress' pictures, as I never took any. Moving forward, I will certainly try to do so for new projects.

By the way Steve, l used the venerable Tamiya 251/D with AFV Club's Wheels & Tracks set. The late war 2cm recon turret is a DML offering, left over from another project. I paint with Gunze lacquers and weather with oil washes and acrylic filters. Dusty effects are usually created by Tamiya flat earth tones. I rarely use pastels as l find l lose control over weathering effects. I prefer the precision and deliberateness of washes, filters and spray effects. Hope this helps!

Thanks again for the encouraging reception.

Regards,

Dinesh

• Like 2